𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

THREE
"REMOTELY INTERESTING"

-

"So... where are we going first?" Isabelle asked, crossing her arms.

Her and Sam were stood in front of her house, about to leave to walk around the small town.

"Well... maybe we could start in the center of town, that's where all the remotely interested by stuff is" Sam said, laughing.

Isabelle shrugged, "That's fine with me" she said, smiling.

They started to walk alongside each other down the road.

Sam turned his head to look at Isabelle, "So, why don't we get to know each other?"

"Okay then... what do you want to know about me?"

"I dont know... your favourite place, or a film you love... or your hobbies" Sam shrugged.

"Uh well, I used to dance a little, but I stopped before I moved here... I love Manhattan, and I like Beauty and the Beast, hence the nickname" Isabelle said, chuckling softly at the last bit.

"Oh cool, what type of dance?"

"Ballet mostly" she said, "How about you, tell me about yourself" she turned to him.

Sam shrugged, "I like to skate?"

Isabelle laughed, "Is that it?"

"I mean, I guess you'll find out more about me as we go on" he said laughing, "which essentially means, I'm bad at talking about myself"

Isabelle grinned, "I can relate on that level"

Sam laughed.

"I've wanted to learn to skate"

"Really? Well, maybe I can show you how"

Isabelle smiled, "yeah, maybe"

Sam stopped when he got to the center of town, "Here we are"

Isabelle looked around. It was quiet, and they were on a small street - one of a few that had shops.

"It's not very big, is it" she said, laughing.

"Right, you're from Brooklyn so you're used to everything being bigger, aren't you"

Isabelle pulled a face, "am I making it that obvious?" she asked, and Sam nodded, laughing at her.

"It doesn't matter, what was it like there anyway?" he asked as they started to walk down the road again.

"It was massive, and it was loud literally twenty four hours a day - I'm not going to miss that at all - but I don't know... we were still kind of restricted, I mean, going about in New York City alone at thirteen? My mom was content that it was a recipe for disaster"

Sam smiled, "Well, in Stoneybrook it's always weirdly quiet, and I bet you'll have so much more freedom here"

Isabelle nodded, "hopefully I will, my mom would go with me everywhere to the point it got embarrassing" she laughed.

"That does sound embarrassing" Sam grinned before stopping again.

"The high school is just over there" he said, pointing across the road to the large building opposite them, "We've looped around and we're around the corner from our road again."

"Oh, that's helpful. I won't get lost then" Isabelle grinned.

"You can walk with me if you want" Sam suggested, and Isabelle shrugged, "why not? It's not like I know anyone else here"

Sam smiled, "You have a point" he paused, thinking for a moment, "If you want, we can go down to the park before we go back, or we can just go back"

"I honestly don't mind, whatever you would rather do"

"Well, I suppose we might as well go back. The park is boring" Sam laughed.

They continued to walk around the corner until they arrived back outside Isabelle's house.

"I'm gonna go and grab something to eat... would you like anything?" she asked.

Sam shook his head, "no thanks, I agreed to watch David Michael when I got back"

"Ok then, thank you for showing me around" she said, "and thank you for wanting to be my friend"

"Of course! It's not every day that someone actually your age moves in across the road from you. Everyone who lives down here is much younger"

Isabelle laughed, "Well, I'll see you at some point this week?"

"Definitely, I'll send you a text when I'm free" Sam smiled.

"Thanks again, bye" Isabelle smiled and started to walk up to her house, waving at Sam as she turned around.

//