𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

SEVEN
"SOUP DUMPLINGS"

AUTHOR'S NOTE
hi so this is a year after the last chapter so the characters now know each other really well and stuff. To catch up, Isabelle and Sam are now 15, Kristy is now 12, and this is now around the storyline that the Netflix series is based on. Over the summer, Isabelle went to New York and yeah... that's it lol.

I only did this because I wanted Sam and Isabelle to be good friends by the time the events in the series happen, so I decided to change some things around, some of the ages in past chapters have also been changed now :)

also, there will be slow updates this week, sorry in advance!

-

"Are you ready to go? You always take forever to get ready, you don't want to be late, do you?"

Isabelle ran down the stairs, looking at her mom stood in the doorway of the kitchen.

Sam had convinced Elizabeth to invite Isabelle over to join their family and Watson for dinner - Chinese takeout. She had said they had an announcement, and since Isabelle and Sam were extremely close (and since Isabelle and Sam spent so much time together that she had practically become a part of the family)

"I'm nearly ready" Isabelle said, tugging on her shoes and doing up the laces.

"Ok, have fun. I'll see you later" her mom said as Isabelle walked out of the house, waving as she closed the door.

She walked over to the Thomas household and knocked on the door, which Sam answered.

"Hi!" she smiled at him as she went inside and kicked off her shoes, leaving them by the door.

They walked into the living room, where Watson and Elizabeth were laying food out on the table.

"Hi Elizabeth, Hi Watson. I hope I'm not late. My mom was talking to me'" Isabelle smiled at the couple.

"Hi Belle, don't worry, you're right on time. We're just waiting for Kristy to get home. I think she's at Claudia's house"

Isabelle nodded, turning to Sam to help him get out some of the plates right before the door opened.

Kristy walked in and stroked the dog, Louie, before she came to a stop when she saw Watson, her face falling.

-

"Mmm, so good!"

Everyone looked at Elizabeth Thomas.

"Usually soup dumplings don't travel well, but these are delicious"

Watson pushed a strand of hair off of her face, "Well, I aim to please"

Kristy scoffed, "It's not like you made them"

"Hmm. No, I didn't make them."

Charlie chuckled softly, while Sam and Isabelle shared a look.

"Oh, Kristy is starting a babysitting club!"