𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

SIXTEEN
"I'LL HAPPILY BUY IT FOR MYSELF"

-

"How do you think Dawn is doing with Kristy?"

Isabelle pulled a face, "I have a feeling that it's not going too well, Kristy has made it very clear that she dislikes Dawn."

Isabelle and Sam had just arrived back from school, and were sitting in the living room of Sam's house, and were watching over David Michael, who was busy completing a puzzle, that he had insisted on doing himself, while Elizabeth, Charlie, and Kristy were out.

Sam laughed, "Kristy is like that with everyone. Do you remember last year when she refused to talk to you for like... three months?"

Isabelle grinned, "Of course I do! It was three months full of death glares and odd looks"

"Well, at least you finally convinced her that you would be a good friend"

Isabelle nodded, "yeah, it took long enough though. I'm sure Dawn will be fine though, she made a great impression on me. I'm sure Kristy will warm up to her eventually."

Sam nodded in agreement.

"So, how's it been going as a member of the babysitters club?"

Isabelle shrugged a little, "I mean... I've had a few jobs here and there. I prefer to leave them for the other girls seeing that I'm not exactly an official member of the club, but I've earned a bit of money"

"A bit of extra money always comes in helpful" Sam pointed out, laughing.

She grinned, "yeah... I spend it almost immediately every time"

Sam sighed softly, "That quickly? What is so important that you have to buy it immediately?"

"I don't know... New clothes, candy, stationery... you name it and I'll happily buy it for myself" she said, laughing.

Sam thought for a moment, an amused look on his face. "Okay then... how about some power tools" he said, laughing.

Isabelle rolled her eyes at his comment, "I was saying that ironically. I have no use for power tools, and I'm sure you don't either"

"I don't, but may I remind you, you're the one who said you name it, I'll happily buy it for myself" he said, doing air quotes as he spoke.

"Oh, alright, stop calling me out on this" Isabelle laughed.

"Sam, Belle, look! I finished the puzzle!"

Both of their heads snapped in the direction of David Michael, who was standing over his puzzle, a smug impression plastered on his face.

"Oh wow! And you did it all by yourself! How many pieces was it?" Isabelle asked, grinning at the young boy.

"It was a hundred pieces!"

"That's great, buddy"

David Michael grinned at Isabelle and Sam, and went to sit on the couch, picking up the family's tablet, which had been laid on the coffee table next to the puzzle.

Isabelle's phone chimed and she looked down at it.

"Oh! I have to go, my mom just texted to say that she just finished cooking our dinner." Isabelle said, standing up and taking ahold of her coat.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow" Sam smiled at her.

"Bye"

AUTHOR'S NOTE
ok ew i have not updated in like a week, but i've been so busy with school and i've also been a bit ill that i've not really been in the mood to write.

I'm also trying to write a bunch of other books at the same time, so I will potentially have some of those uploaded eventually.

//