𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

FIFTEEN
"SETTING BOUNDARIES"

-

"So acid yellow or dove gray?"

Everyone looked at Dawn, who had her head resting on her arm, and was snoring softly.

"Dawn. Dawn!" Mary Anne tapped her arm, and Dawn sat up quickly, "Huh? I'm fine. I just dozed off." she said.

"You fell asleep in biology class today. Ms Fairmont definitely noticed." Stacey said, shuffling through swatches of paint.

"You got away with sleeping in class? If I so much as look in the wrong direction I get in trouble" Isabelle sighed.

"It's just..." Dawn sighed, "The Barretts."

"I knew it!" Kristy said triumphantly.

"It's not your fault. They're impossible" Claudia said, hoping to make Dawn feel a little better about it.

"Natalie leaves the house looking like an earthquake hit it. I mean, I started straightening up to help, but now she expects it, and she's bad about coming back on time, and the kids have no discipline." Dawn complained, turning to look at Mary Anne.

"That sounds horrible" she said quietly.

"It'll be okay, you know? I'll just..." Dawn started, grabbing a cushion from the seat and pulling it closer to her, "...have some sleep, and I'll be fine." she finished, resting her head on the fluffy cushion with a sigh.

Claudia walked over to Dawn, and she pulled the cushion out from under her head.

"Cancel. Now."

"Seriously, Dawn, you can't keep living like this, falling asleep in corners and during frog dissections."

"Not to mention you're not Natalie's maid, you shouldn't have to clean up her own mess." Isabelle added on.

"But the kids need me. Bailing on them with everything that's going on would just make everything worse." Dawn looked up to Kristy, "And I'm still on probation, right?"

Kristy nodded.

"Maybe you can talk to Natalie. Discuss what's okay and what's not to ask of a babysitter." Mary Anne suggested.

"Or maybe the family needs someone a little more experienced." Kristy said, glancing in Isabelle's direction, "you know, someone older who can set boundaries."

Dawn got up, and sat down on the seat near Kristy.

"Kristy, you know how much I want to join the club. I don't want to fail these kids. You are one of the most experienced sitters I know. How about you come over to my house tomorrow and give me some tips?"

Kristy raised an eyebrow, "Fine. But just this once."

//