𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

TWELVE
"HOSPITAL"

-

"So. What's the situation with the club now?"

It had been a few days since Isabelle had temporarily quit the babysitters club, and she was sitting with Sam in her bedroom.

Isabelle shrugged, "Still the same. I think Mary Anne has a job today because all the others are grounded"

"Yeah, my sister is still in a strop about that" Sam said, chuckling softly, "thanks for letting me come over here to avoid her"

Isabelle grinned, "of course, I know you would do the same for me if I had siblings"

"That's very true"

"Anyway, is there anything in particular you want to do?"

Sam thought for a moment, "Not really, I don't..."

He was cutoff by the sound of Isabelle's phone going off.

"Hang on a moment" Isabelle said to him, and she grabbed her phone to see Mary Anne was calling her, so she answered it.

"Mary Anne? Is everything alright?"

"Belle, thank goodness you answered, Mrs Delveccio isn't answering, and neither is my dad"

"What's wrong?"

"Bailey is burning up, I think she has a fever, I don't know what to do."

"How bad is it?"

"It's pretty bad"

"Okay, call 911 if you have to, I'll be right over"

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit"

Isabelle hung up the phone and turned to Sam, "I'm so sorry, I need to go help Mary Anne"

Sam nodded, "that's fine, it sounded important" he smiled and stood up, following Isabelle as she rushed to get her shoes on and grab her skateboard.

"I'll call you or message you when I find out how bad it is, thanks for coming to hang out anyway"

"Of course, I'll see you tomorrow"

Isabelle waved as she started to skate down the road towards the address Mary Anne had sent her, and made it there within a few minutes.

Mary Anne answered the door and let her in, "thank you for coming, I called 911, I think an ambulance is on the way" she said, her forehead creased with worry.

"That's okay, how is Bailey?"

"She's not the best, she's on the couch right now."

Mary Anne led Isabelle into the living room, and smiled at Bailey.

"Bailey, this is my friend Belle, she's the person I called. We're going to be picked up by an ambulance in a minute, but we don't want you to worry, we're going to be with you the whole time."

Bailey nodded slightly, giving the two girls a weak smile.

-

"Hey, ready? Fish face!"

Bailey laughed softly, and Isabelle smiled at Mary Anne, who was doing amazingly to keep her distracted.

A nurse walked into the room, a pile of papers in her hands.

"Okay, took a while, but we finally found a file for Bailey Delveccio. Is 32 Burnhill road still the current address?"

"Yeah"

"Have you been giving him fluids? If he's dehydrated, we'll need to place an IV. Have him change into this." she held out blue hospital gown, ignoring the fact that Bailey looked uncomfortable at the fact she had referred to her as 'he'

Bailey looked at Isabelle, "I don't want the blue one"

Mary Anne started to speak, right before the doctor came in, "I hear someone's not feeling well. Lets take a look at the little man."

Mary Anne looked between Isabelle and Bailey, before standing up, "Can I please talk to you outside?"

She went with the two doctors out of the room, leaving Isabelle with Bailey.

"What's she doing?"

"She's going to tell them to get you a different colour of hospital gown, and remind them of who you actually are"

"Tell her I say thank you"

"I will" Isabelle smiled.

//