Motel California

The bus pulled into a small motel called Glen Capri. Scott had his eyes drifted downward an away from everyone. Looking up at the motel he whispered to Stiles.

"I've seen worse."

"How the hell have you seem worse?!" Stiles yelped pitifully. Coach handed out the keys to the rooms with a small warning.

"Ok no sexual activity. Keep your horny hands to yourself." Scott huffed a small smile and shook his head, frown returning.

"Derek wouldn't like that." He muttered quietly and walked up to his room with Stiles.

XXX

Derek was coming in and out of consciousness as he felt himself being carried. Opening his eyes a bit, Jennifer Blake gave him a worried look.

"Derek, I don't know how much longer I can hold you!"

And he slipped. Jennifer freaked out a bit and dragged him to his bed. Derek reopened his eyes and looked at her.

"It's gonna be ok Derek."

XXX

Scott sighed as he laid on his bed with Stiles on the other.

"We need to talk about Darach." Stiles hummed to him. Scott groaned. " I have four suspects." Scott rose and eyebrow but didn't comment.

"The first is Cora."

"Derek's sister?" Scott coughed out. stiles nodded.

"We barely even know her, where she came from." Scott nodded softly and looked away.

"Next is Deaton."

"My boss? Again?!" Scott whined.

"Yes! Scott he knows everything about this shit, what do you expect! Ok well Next is Mister Harris. Just because he's missing doesn't mean he's dead."

"But what if it isn't. What if it's a student. Remember what happened with Matt? We didn't know he was evil."

Stiles abruptly turned to Scott, eyes daggers.

"Yes I did. I knew."

"Yeah but we didn't really suspect him." Scott reasoned.

"I did. I suspected him. I knew he was evil...and creepy." Stiles scolded with the afterthought. "Next is Lydia...she was controlled by Peter and had know idea. I'm gonna get a snack from the vending machine." Scott nodded and watched his friend leave. He was alone again. He felt lonelier then he's ever felt before.

XXX

Derek groaned a bit and sat up on his bed. He smelled Jennifer Blake all over him and his bed.

"You shouldn't get up." Her voice spoke softly.

"I have- I have to- I have to let Scott know I'm alive." He wheezed out weakly.

"Do you know how bad you look? You look like an open wound. Im not even sure if your really alive." Jennifer stated.

"He's my mate. He needs to know I'm ok."

"Maybe you shouldn't." Derek glared at her. "Some heros even fake their death. It's in literature, like Romeo and Juliet." She looked up at him between her eye lashes. Derek growled.

"No. I have to tell him."

"Wait a little bit till you can actually stand without whining in pain." She compromised. Derek sighed but nodded.

He laid down on his bed and thought of his mate. His sweet puppy eyes, fluffy hair when he gets outta bed and his jaw, oh god his jaw. Derek misses that. Misses Scott in general. He felt a hand run down his arm and chest and immediately grabbed Jennifer's arm and growled.