Oxford

Alyssa is in her final year at Oxford and Liam is coming for a college visit.

- 1 - 3 -

"Now remember, Li," Grace said softly as they pulled up to the campus, "If you don't like it here, you don't have to go. There are a lot of schools, here and in America, for you to choose from and just because my family and your sister went doesn't mean you have to."

"I got it, Mom," Liam chuckled from the backseat.

"I'm just making sure," the brunette hummed, Taylor's hand on her thigh, "Would you text your sister and ask her to meet us outside the library?"

Liam nodded and did so, they were only a few minutes away and Alyssa lived off campus with her boyfriend just a few blocks down.

"This is so exciting," Taylor said with enthusiasm, patting her knee to pass the time as Grace drove through the Oxford streets.

"Mama, I think you're more excited than I am," the seventeen year old laughed, a slight shake of his head as he looked up from the phone in his hands.

"I never went to college, so seeing you kids off is bittersweet because I know your mom put a lot of time and effort into making you all so smart and responsible but I also get to miss you when you go."

"I'm not leaving yet."

"Same thing," Taylor waved him off, a small laugh escaping from her red covered lips.

"We took Maddie on like a hundred tours and she still decided college wasn't her thing and that she wanted to tour. It's a good thing she's a lone wolf, I don't think I could handle being a tour mom too," Grace sighed, missing her second daughter a little.

"She's doing great though, Grace. That's her second number one album in the US and the promo tour is helping big time."

"I know, I know, but she's nineteen and doing the things you were doing when your mom was with you helping you out."

"And I've been helping her out from home," Taylor rolled her eyes, "My office in London is much comfier than a tour bus, thank you very much. Plus, we made sure she doesn't work as crazy as I did for all those years."

"I miss my pop-star," Grace mumbled.

"I'm sitting right here."

"Not you!" Grace swatted her shoulder.

"Alyssa said Cole is coming too," Liam chimed in.

"Because we don't see him every Sunday for dinner?" Taylor chuckled, referring to Alyssa's boyfriend who had been joining them for their family dinners for over three years now.

"Taylor, we literally love him. We buy him Christmas presents, he is going to marry Alyssa someday and we won't have to deal with her," Grace said with knitted eyebrows.

"I was kidding!" The singer defended, "Plus, ever since she met him she's been super nice and mellow and it's actually a wonderful thing. He could dent my car door and I wouldn't get mad at him."

"But you'd get mad at me," the brunette scoffed.

"We've been married for twenty-three years, Grace. Do you think I would get mad at you?"