Chapter Twenty Three - Austin

ALMOST THERE.

----

Chapter 23 - Austin

10:30pm

We both separated and turned to the direction the voice was coming from.

I squinted. I could barely see the kid with all the lights shining in my eye.

"What do you want?" I shouted. An uncomfortable feeling dwelled up inside of me.

"Why are you so rude to me Austin?" The bitch smirked. "I just said hi that's all."

"Let's go Ally." I whispered to her.

"Yeah I don't want to be near him."

"On the count of 3, let's run." I suggested.

"Alright. 1." She peeked at Skylar, who was looking at his phone.

"2."

"3. Let's go." She huffed as we both charged from the platform to escape. Escape him. Escape the world. [A/N @bloopied this is sorta a ref to our Halloween lol.]

"Hey! Wait up!" I could hear the faint shout from Skylar. What a weirdo.

"What now?" Ally panted after we sprinted for a good 5 minutes straight.

"Your choice this time."

11:00pm

"I have an idea." Ally smiled. "It's a good place to do the ceremony since it's almost midnight anyway."

"Lead me m'lady." I bowed in a gentleman-like manner. She giggled.

After a few streets and crosswalks. We were at our school. I stared at her, puzzled.

"It's the place where we met. I figured it would be appropriate." She flashed a smile. The same smile that stole my heart. [A/N oh god the cheese]

We climbed to the rooftop.

"Let's sit here." Ally pointed to a swing sofa. In case you forgot, the rooftop of our school was also a garden with sofas and flowers and all.

"I still have the necklace you gave me." Ally whispered, fiddling with the pendant.

"I'm glad you still have it. I thought you'd hate it at first, honestly." I admitted.

I had my arm around her, she leaned onto me with her legs up.

11:50pm

"This is nice." Ally mumbled as she looks to the moon above. "Just 10 more minutes. And I'll be normal. Like you."

we stayed there for awhile. Just enjoying the silence.

11:55pm

A small breeze whooshed by.

11:57pm

"We should get ready." I said.

"Yeah, I have the bottle." She pulled out the glowing thing from her bag.

11:59pm

"Ready?" I whispered. We were standing, facing each other.

"More than ever." She smiled, clutching the small pot.

12:00am.

----

One more chapter! :)