Chapter Twenty Two - Austin

HEEYY--- /shot
Alright. I know I said I'll update ASAP and probably only one person reads this story now butttt I'll continue anyway.

-----

Chapter 22 - Austin

7:00PM

Wow.

WOW.

She looked gorgeous. I don't know how, but her outfits always seem to please me. Despite how silly it sounds.
I dragged her hand in the tall restaurant. Honestly I have to thank my sister for these reservations.

"Hi there. Do you have a reservation sir?" The receptionist asked.

"Yes. Uhm just give me a second." I mumbled as I searched my pocket for the reservation paper. "Austin for 7:00pm single table?"

"Yes. Your table is right this way." The lady smiled a genuine smile and led us to our table, a nice table by the window. The city has always been beautiful in my eyes but today it seemed even more fascinating with the stars in the sky with the tall buildings and skyscrapers in the distance.

"How do you feel about this Aust?" Ally whispered.

"About what?"

"Well, me becoming.. You know, one of you."

"I- I don't know. I mean, it's great and all. But- Ally you're burning the table." I stared at the smoking tablecloth.

"Huh?"

"The- the table, you're kinda burning it." I pointed to her hand, which was resting on the edge of the table."

"Oh my god." She jerked her hand back and blew at the table. Luckily nothing caught on fire. A small sizzle escaped when I poured my cup of water on the burned spot.

Ally was blushing. No that was an understatement. She was boiling with embarrassment. Her head rested in her hands.

"Is there anything wrong?" A waitress asked, observing that there was a wet tablecloth dripping with water.

"Nothing's wrong. Everything is fine." I forced a smile though I'm sure it looked fake as fuck. Well. "We'll be fine uhm we'll order in a minute." Hopefully she'll get the hint to leave for now.

"Alright, I'll be back in a bit!" She chirped and waltzed on out of there.

"Ally?" I peeked to see if she was okay.

"I BURNED THE DAMN TABLE."

"It's alright baby it wasn't intentional!"

"Alright let's just pretend nothing ever happened okay?"

"That's what I hoped to hear." I smiled.

After we ordered our food and had an outstanding dinner. We were deciding where we would go next, since it was only 9:00pm.

"Let's go." I stood up abruptly, I had an idea.

"Wha- go where?"

"You'll see. I think you'll like me a lot after this." I winked playfully. She gave me a confused stare. "Come on, you'll like it."

• roughly half an hour later •

"You have to close your eyes." I teased.

"Alright but don't pull any pranks on me okay?" She glared. Though it came across as cute to me.

"I promise."

She closed her eyes. It's adorable how gullible she is. I was leading her to a water fountain. It has always been a popular tourist attraction but everyone's been fanning over the new sculptures in the center of the city. So this place has been forgotten. It's still functional though. It wasn't a regular fountain. It was a flat marble platform with lights shining gloriously from it up to the sky with water jets flying up to form a pattern.

I pushed her on it.

"WHAT THE HELL AUSTIN." She shrieked as she ripped off the blindfold. Ally was soaked.

I laughed loudly and ran on with her.

"This is your idea of a perfect date?" She sighed.

"Catch me if you can!" I shouted as I dashed across the platform. I was almost certain she whispered, "crazy boy," under her breath. But she cashed after me anyway. Half heartedly at least.

"Austinnn I'm getting cold can we go somewhere else?" She finally caught up to me.

"But it's fun here!"

"It's wet and I'm scared of water. You knew this." She whined.

"Kiss me."

"What?"

"Stop complaining and kiss me."

She stared at me like I was the craziest person in the world.

"I don't understand why so sud-"

I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer to me, and closed the gap between our faces. Water poured down from the jet pumps as we stood there. Appreciating each other. And then the water stopped and a sickening familiar voice called out.

"Ally?"

Skylar.

---
Almost done you guys! I think there will be around 2-3 more chapters and that's it! It's done!