Chapter Nine

Okay, new story...very close to my life. Kind of. I'm humbled by the reviews and responses that this story has already received. The alerts, reviews and hits are truly humbling. Thank you so much for taking the time read the ramblings from the depths of my brain. Much love to all of you!

Also, none of this belongs to me. Never will. I just like to play with the characters created by Stephenie Meyer.

Chapter Nine

EPOV

Ow.

My neck hurts.

Why in the hell does my neck hurt?

What is pushing on my bladder?

I cracked open my eyes and looked around the room. It was daylight. That I could tell, but not much else. My glasses were no longer on my face. Whatever was pressing on my bladder shifted and I looked down. Curled on my chest was Bella, her head right above my heart. Her arms were wrapped around Emma who was nestled against Bella's side. Tears sprang in my eyes at how she was holding my little girl and how my Emma was holding Bella. I couldn't tell where one ended and the other one began.

This should have been my family. This WILL be my family.

"Daddy?" Emma mumbled, her little voice rough from disuse. "Can you make us pancakes?"

"Sure, angel," I murmured.

"With strawberries," Bella said against my belly. "Whipped cream if you got it."

I chuckled. "I'll see what I can do, my two Sleeping Beauties." I slipped out from underneath Bella, placing a pillow under her gorgeous face. She sleepily thanked me before tightening her hold on Emma, who nestled closer to her. I put a blanket over both of them and padded to the kitchen. I saw that it was after ten in the morning. I blew out a low whistle. I never sleep this late. Flipping on the coffee maker, I gathered the ingredients for pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream.

I made a large stack of pancakes and set up the kitchen table for breakfast. I walked back to the living room to check on my girls. They had shifted positions. Bella was pressed against the back of the couch with Emma in her arms, resting her head on Bella's chest. The love that I felt for my daughter was amazing but what I felt for Bella was bigger than anything I had ever experienced.

I love you, Isabella Swan.

Wiping away my tears, I crouched down and caressed Bella's cheek. "Wake up, love," I cooed.

"No," Bella grumbled as she buried her face in Emma's hair. "Comfy."

"Me too, Daddy," Emma giggled. "Can't we have breakfast in bed?"

"God, both of you are slackers," I chortled. "It's after ten. Wake up." Bella's eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me. She pursed her lips and sat up, carrying Emma with her. Emma glowered at me before she scrambled out of Bella's embrace. She skipped to the downstairs bathroom. I sat down next to Bella. "Sorry about crashing, love."

"You were tired," she said as she rubbed her eyes. "I guess I was too. I haven't slept this late in forever. And I don't think I had a nightmare last night, either."

"That's wonderful, love," I said as I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Come on. Let's get you and my little angel fed. Pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream."

"I can't believe you actually made them," Bella giggled as she stood up, stretching her body.

"You'll quickly learn that I'll do anything to make my girls happy," I said as I kissed her neck. "If pancakes and strawberries make you happy, then that's what you'll get, beautiful."