Chapter Twenty-One

Okay, new story...very close to my life. Kind of. I'm humbled by the reviews and responses that this story has already received. The alerts, reviews and hits are truly humbling. Thank you so much for taking the time read the ramblings from the depths of my brain. Much love to all of you!

Also, none of this belongs to me. Never will. I just like to play with the characters created by Stephenie Meyer.

Chapter Twenty-One

BPOV

"Bella, I'll handle packing for you," Alice said.

"No bikinis," I said woodenly. "Scar." I gestured to my stomach. Alice nodded and hugged me tightly before going upstairs. Emma was attached to my side and refused to let me go. I wanted to hold her to me. She was so comforting and loving. Just like her dad. However, he was packing for Emma and for himself. I could barely function. The only thing I did do was call Aunt Lizzie. Pam was out of town and obviously couldn't meet with me. I needed to talk to someone.

Aunt Lizzie was coming over in an hour.

Thank goodness.

"Mommy? Why did James hurt you?" Emma asked quietly.

"I don't know, Emma. I think he just wanted to control me," I answered. "Some men are just mean, Emma. I know that you are a long way from having a boyfriend but I want you to promise me something."

"What?"

"If a man ever raises his hand to you in anger, you run. Don't turn back. Leave him and never return," I said, looking down into her sea green eyes. "Promise me, sweet girl."

"I promise," she said. "You too, Mommy."

"Okay, Emma," I said as I kissed her forehead. She cuddled closer and wrapped her arms around my waist. "I love you, sweetie."

"I love you, too, Mommy. I hope that James gets caught by Uncle Jazz."

"Me, too," I sighed, holding her to my chest. We sat like that until the doorbell rang. My heart stammered against my ribs. I could feel the panic build in my body. Emma looked up at me with a look of concern. She ran her tiny hands down my cheeks, trying to soothe me.

"It's okay, Mommy. You're safe," she whispered.

"I know," I croaked, staring at her perfect little face.

"She's in the family room with Emma, Aunt Lizzie," Edward said quietly. "My baby girl hasn't left her side since Bella told her about James."

"Your daughter is so strong, Edward. Bella is probably drawing on her love to keep herself sane," Aunt Lizzie said as she came into the family room. "Hi, Bella."

"Hi," I mumbled, trying to pull myself together.

"Emma, come with me, angel," Edward said.

"But, I want to stay with Mommy," Emma pouted. "She needs me."

"I need you more. I'm pretty certain you don't want to wear snow suits in Florida. I need you to help me choose what to pack for you, child," he said, holding out his hand. Emma kissed my cheek and bounced off the couch.

"Come on, Bella. Let's go into the office," Aunt Lizzie said as she nodded toward the office. I got up and followed her to the warm room near our family room. Once inside, Aunt Lizzie pulled me into a tight hug. I sobbed as I clutched her in fear. She didn't say anything. She just held me. I pulled away and wiped my face. Aunt Lizzie guided me to the couch and held my hand. "Tell me what happened. Don't abbreviate. Tell me everything. How it made you feel."