Kingdoms 3 - Close Call

So, ya know how the last 2 chapters were mostly fluff? i've gone back to my origins—

Grian scrolled through his communicator's chat up to where he could. Many messages from Mumbo every 5 minutes asking if he was alright. He'd respond every time with I'm alright, nothing's happened. He understood why Mumbo was asking, it was time for Evo to decide, once and for all, who was the king of Evolution. And Grian was frightened.

"G, it's time to head in. They're announcing." Taurtis said, slightly grinning. Grian breathed to calm his nerves before sitting down in the Prince's row of seats.

"After much deliberation, we have decided that.... Grian is the King of Evolution!" Taurtis's face dropped. He was supposed to be the king, people had assured him that since Grian was prankster in chief, they wouldn't choose him. Grian walked up past cheering citizens, and Mini smiled to him. He bowed as Mini put the crown on his head, everyone silently acknowledging that this was awkward.

"I'll get him back.." Taurtis said, quietly and to himself. And, on Grian's 21st birthday, he made his move.

"Hey, Grian, what ever happened with Taurtis?"

"We lost touch after I became Evo's king."

"Hm. Well, I'm gonna head out to ilmango's place and talk about Redstone. EX and Hels are on the roof, if you wondered."

"Mhm, thanks Mumby!" Mumbo exited G's room, allowing Grian some peace and quiet before feeling a hand on his back. Before he had time to react, he was being dragged. Mumbo had already left the floor. "Hey! Where are you taking me?!" He felt stairs underneath him, each bump making it more uncomfortable. A door freaked open, and the cold air hit him like a brick. He was on the roof. 5 floors underneath him, he remembered. But, he always had his elytra!

"Now, Grian, remember? The whole marriage you reluctantly agreed to?"

"T-Taurtis..? My family was being threatened, of course I agreed to it." EX and Hels noticed and ran over, only to be stopped by Tomahawk and Martyn. 

"Well, it was supposed to be decided sometime after, what was it..? Oh yes, your 21st birthday!"

"Oh f*ck off Taurtis!"

"That's no way to speak to someone who could drop you at anytime~"

"I have an elytra!"

"Now that can't do~" Taurtis said, ripping the elytra off him and grabbing his extra.

"T-Taurtis.. p-please s-s-stop..."

"Not until you agree to a date for the wedding of 3 days~" Now X had ran up, and was stopped by Taurtis's grin that said it all. You try and stop me, I drop Grian.

"P-please l-l-let g-g-go o-o-of m-my s-s-shirt.."

"Like this~?" Taurtis grinned, pushing Grian almost over the edge of the roof. Only Taurtis's hand was preventing Grian from falling to his death.

"T-Taurtis! L-Let m-m-me b-back s-safely o-onto t-the r-roof!"

"Not until you agree!" Grian wouldn't answer, he was thinking it through. "Fine then, let all of them go." Grian grinned, until he realized what he meant. With a shove Grian was pushed off. EX and Hels ran and jumped down, using their elytra to try and get to Grian before he hit the ground. Even rockets weren't giving them enough speed. Until Hels spammed them, like G did, to keep his speed consistent. EX followed sort, giving them enough speed to be moving faster than Grian. 15 blocks, then 10, then 5 until Grian hit the ground. He braced, knowing how much damage this would do, as he didn't have any armor on. Until he felt two hands go under him, and a slowing down as he was flipped over so the person holding him would go in, and judging by the movement under him, he could tell they were wearing armor.

"Grian! Thank goodness your alright!" Hels said, holding Grian tightly along with EX. Scar exited out and helped Grian up, letting Hels and EX prop up the stunned Grian.

"Xisuma's already got them locked up, they'll be executed for trying to kill a king."

"M-m-Mhm.." Grian said, still stunned and processing everything.

"Want to go take a nap, G?"

"Y-yeah.."

Word Count: 663

I've gone to my old ways—

yeah, this was angst because I thought "yes, to prove Hels and EX aren't bad, they rescue Grian-" and "how is Grian the king? and how does everyone react?"