TEN

•:•

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•
ten
•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

WARNING: VIOLENCE

VIA WAS GLAD TO GET OUT OF THAT ROOM. She shuddered thinking about everything that had happened. Boreas's Roman form, his sudden amusement at Jason's tattoo, him talking about the lady they would meet in Chicago. She couldn't forget about Khione's hateful looks as they exited the room. Almost as if the princess had an agenda of her own.

In the entry hall, Cal and Leo were waiting for them. Leo looked cold but unharmed. He'd even got cleaned up, and his clothes looked newly washed, like he'd used the hotel's valet service. Festus was back in his normal form, breathing fire over his scales to stop the ice forming.

As Khione led them down the stairs, Via noticed Leo's eyes following her every step. Damn it, Leo, Via thought. Wrong person to crush on.

At the bottom step, Khione turned to Piper. "You may have fooled my father, girl, but you have not fooled me. We are not done. Jason Grace, I will see you in the throne room soon enough. As for you, Olyvia Jackson," Khione eyed her spitefully, and then smirked. "I supposed your past is still hidden from your friends?"

Via's heart dropped to her stomach, her face pale. Khione had been vague, but Via knew exactly what she was talking about. "How do you—"

"Boreas is right." Jason intervened. "You're a spoiled kid. See you around, ice princess."

Khione's eyes flared pure white. For once, she seemed at a loss for words. She stormed back up the stairs.

"Be careful," Zethes warned. "She never forgets an insult."

Cal grunted in agreement.

"She's the goddess of snow," Piper said. "What's she going to do, throw snowballs at us?"

Leo looked devastated. "Guys, you made her mad? Is she mad at me too? That was my prom date!"

"We'll explain later." Via promised. She looked at Jason. Only he could explain what exactly happened up there.

The hangar doors opened onto a freezing starry night, and the Festus stomped his feet, anxious to fly.

"Come on, guys." Jason said. "Let's go to Chicago and try not to get destroyed."

Via didn't relax until the glow of Quebec City faded behind them. Leo passed them some sandwiches from his pack. He'd been quiet ever since they'd told him what happened in the throne room. "I still can't believe Khione," he said. "She looked so nice."