EIGHT

•:•

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•
eight
•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

VIA WAS SURPRISED she hadn't been blasted out of the sky yet. As a child, her mother had never taken her or Percy in a plane, as their father was Poseidon. The god of the skies was Zeus. So if she wanted death, flying was the way to go.

She didn't even have to worry about getting cold. Even though the air was icy cold, the dragon's metal hide generated so much heat, almost like they were flying in a protective bubble.

Leo used the reins to steer the dragon into the sky like a natural. Soon, the coast of Long Island was just a blur behind them. They shot over Connecticut and flew into the gray winter clouds.

Leo grinned back at them. "Cool, right?"

"What if we get spotted?" Piper asked.

"It's the Mist—" Via began.

"The Mist—" Jason said at the same time.

"Sorry, go ahead." She said awkwardly, turning back.

Jason nodded. "Right. The Mist. It keeps mortals from seeing magic things. If they spot us, they'll probably mistake us for a small plane, right?

"Not necessarily a plane. Maybe a helicopter, maybe a flying nuclear bomb. But yeah, they won't see a giant metal dragon with four teenagers." Via confirmed.

Piper choked. "A bomb?"

Via snickered and glanced behind. She saw Jason clutching a photo in his hand— a photo of Thalia, daughter of Zeus. His half-sister. She gave him a questioning look, but he shook his head. Not now.

"We're going at a good pace. Probably get there by tonight." He announced, tucking the photo in his pocket.

"Where are we headed, by the way?" Piper asked.

"To find the god of the North Wind," Jason said. "And chase some storm spirits."

No one said anything. A million thoughts ran through her head. The god of the North Wind was Boreas. She didn't know much about him, only that he was nicest of all the wind gods. As for the storm spirits, she guessed they were chasing the same ones that attacked Jason, Leo and Piper at the Grand Canyon skywalk.

"Shut up, me" Leo said, startling Via.

"What?" She asked.