THREE

•:•

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•
three
•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

VIA LED THE GROUP over to the chariot, took the reins and told Annabeth to adjust the navigation device. Leo, Jason, and Piper were placed at the back of the chariot. They rose to the top of the Grand Canyon and headed east. Icy wind enveloped the chariot, and behind them, more storm clouds were gathering.

"This is so cool!" Leo exclaimed, spitting a Pegasus feather out of his mouth. "Where are we going?"

"A safe place," Annabeth said. "The only safe place for kids like us. Camp Half-Blood."

"Half-Blood?' Piper asked. "Is that some kind of bad joke?"

"It doesn't mean anything bad, Piper." Via reassured her, without looking back. She knew what Piper had been called in the wilderness school: half-Cherokee, half-white, and it was never complimentary.

"She means we're demigods," Jason said. "Half-god, half-mortal."

"You seem to know a lot, Jason." Annabeth said, surprised. "But yeah, demigods. My mom is Athena, goddess of wisdom. Via here is the daughter of Poseidon, god of the seas."

Leo coughed. "Your dad's the sea god?"

"Yup." Via said. "Why?"

"No, its just-" Leo let out a breathe. "You're saying you knew about all of this? And didn't bother telling us?"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't." She said. "Once a demigod knows about all this, their scent becomes that much stronger. Monsters would have found you guys way more easily. Thats why we don't tell demigods anything until they're actually attacked."

"Via's our best equestrian right now," Annabeth said. "Poseidon created horses out of sea foam, so she gets along great with the pegasi."

"Demigods," Piper said. "You mean you think you're... you think we're-"

Lightning flashed. The chariot shuddered, and Jason yelled, "Left wheel's on fire!"

Via looked back. Sure enough, the wheel was burning, white flames lapping up the side of the chariot. Via tightened her hold on the reins, trying not to lose control.

"Via, can you put it out?" Annabeth asked urgently.

"Dude, I'm already struggling with the chariot. There's no way I can-"