FOURTEEN

•:•

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•
fourteen
•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

VIA WAS READY TO MAKE AN ARROW FLY right into the weird lady's neck. She could sense a fight coming anyways. The way the princess's face had glowed when she'd heard Jason's name was bad enough. Now she was smiling like nothing had happened, and Jason and Leo didn't seem to think anything was wrong. Piper seemed to be the only one who shares Via's distrust.

The princess gestured towards the cosmetic counter. "Shall we start with the potions?"

"Cool," Jason agreed immediately.

"Guys," Piper interrupted, "we're here to get the storm spirits and Coach Hedge. If this—Princess— is really our friend—"

"Oh, I'm better than a friend, my dear." Her Highness said. "I'm a saleswoman." Her diamonds sparkled, and her eyes glittered like a snake—cold and dark. "Don't worry. We'll work our way down to the first floor, eh?"

Leo nodded eagerly. "Sure, yeah! That sounds okay. Right, Via, Piper?"

Via stared daggers at him. No, it is not okay! If looks could kill, Leo would have been dead about fifty times over.

"Of course it's okay," Her Highness put her hands on Leo's and Jason's shoulders and steered them towards the cosmetics. "Come along, boys."

Via and Piper and glanced at each other in desperation. They had no choice but to follow.

If there was one thing Via was sure of, it was that sales people always had their own agenda. If she had a dollar for each time a sales person had cheated her mom out of money, she'd be Tony Stark. Via wasn't sure anyone in a department store was an exception, especially a crazy sales princess who glowed in the dark.

"And here," the princess said, "is the finest assortment of magical mixtures anywhere."

The counter was crammed with bubbling beakers and smoking vials on tripods. Lining the display shelves was crystal flasks— in all shapes, sizes and colours.

The princess pointed to a blood red vial— a simple test tube with a cork stopper. "This one will heal any disease."

"Even cancer?" Leo asked. "Leprosy? Hangnails?"

"Any disease, sweet boy. And this one—" she pointed to a swan-shaped container with blue liquid inside, —"will kill you very painfully."