6

"Should I call him or not?"

I stared at my phone screen which was displaying number of Chen, and groaned audibly. I didn't know if I should or should not because he was upset with me.

My previous stunt really got to his nerves, and he had not talk to me after that day. Yes, he supported me and talked about my issues, but it still didn't change his mind about my attempt to take my life.

He was angry at me.

"Oh well" I bit my lip and dialled his number as I pressed phone over my ear and waited for him to pick up the call, anxiously. I needed to tell him that I got a job in the pharmaceutical company, and even though pay was not much but it was just a beginning.

I wanted to tell this news to him first.

"Yoboseyo" his soft voice greeted me from the other side, and I held my breath there. I could even feel my hands sweating and heart racing miles per minute.

"Hello?" he again said, trying to grab my attention and I took a deep breath.

"Hello. Chen" I cleared my throat "It's Eun Sang" I mumbled, and line turned silent for a long moment there. I almost thought he hung up on me but then he proved me wrong.

"Eun Sang" he said, voice filled with surprise and I gulped "How are you?" he asked in a hushed voice, and I figured he must be somewhere out with other members as I could hear loud voices in the background.

"I'm fine. Are you out? I can call later" I started blabbering before he could ask me for the reason of call because I had no clue of it. I have no idea why I called him.

"Umm.. actually we're at your apartment right now" he said and my eyes widened in surprise "Where are you?" he whispered.

"I.. I'm on my way" I said "Just few blocks away" I looked around and ran a hand through my hair. Shit! How was I supposed to face him this soon?

"I'm coming to you" he said and hung up before I could utter another word. I stared at the phone in confusion and shrugged as I resumed my walking down the road.

He didn't tell Sana about that stunt. Right? I wanted to ask him but didn't know if I could handle the truth. What if he had? I won't be able to face my friend again in my life. I could only hope that he had not tell on me.

"Hey"

I looked up to see Chen jogging towards me and stopped there as I stared at his face. He had a small smile on his face as he came to me. Did he forgive me already?

"Hey there" I gave him a small wave "You didn't have to come though" I smiled as he fell on steps beside me.

"I wanted to" he grinned "You called me finally" he said and I lowered my head as I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Yeah about that..." I looked at him and stopped walking "I got a job, and I wanted to tell you this news first. I mean pay is not that much but-" I told him, honestly.

"I know that" his gaze was soft as he stepped forward and took me in his arms. "I'm proud of you" he whispered.

I stood there frozen. "How did you-"

"Sana said you were looking for a job" Chen said and leaned back as he lowered his hat "And then you called me tonight. I figured it was because you got the job" he gave me a lopsided grin and I chuckled.

"Smart" I commented.

"I hope you are doing good Eun Sang" he said, a hint of uncertainty in his voice and I glanced at him. He was still stuck on that incident and I won't blame him.