10

I stepped down the bus and sighed to myself. My eyes roamed around the surrounding but as usual there was no one here to walk me home anymore.

"I think you're getting close to Jongdae" I heard Sana's words in my head and bit my lip. I mean, yes. We were kind of close but the teasing look she had in her eyes made me feel a little uncomfortable. I did not want anyone to take our friendship in wrong way.

Was it wrong for me to miss him?

Tightening my grip on the strap of my purse, I started walking towards the apartment. It had been weeks and there was no word from him. I know I was the one who asked him not to talk to me but dammit... I was used to his presence, his smile... him.

Looking back at time, it wasn't anything serious about the conversation I had with Jongdae. There was no reason for me to be mad at him but I still walked away from him. I was scared of myself and how important he had become to me.

It wasn't good.

My steps halted on the familiar streetlight, it was the same place where he had looked me in eyes and kissed my forehead, telling me that I was enough for myself. I was struggling with myself that day as usual but he gave me the strength I always needed.

I looked up at the streetlight and pushed my hair back, smiling "I miss you" I whispered under my breath and then felt someone stop beside me. Looking to my side, I felt my breath hitched as my eyes met his.

"Hey" I approached him and he stared at me, blankly. "I'm sorry I-" I started but then my next words remained struck in my throat as he walked to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I've missed you" Jongdae said against my hair as my cheek got pressed against his sweater. I gulped, my eyes wide open but I pushed away my fears and wrapped my arms around him, hesitant

"Me too" I mumbled against his chest. After a brief pause, I leaned back to look up at him "I got mad over nothing. I'm sorry" I bit my lip but he stayed silent and kept staring at me.

Looking around, I saw some people going by our side and turned to look at him. I pulled his face mask up and cap down to hide his identity as I dragged him away from there. We walked in silence for few minutes before coming to halt. I couldn't have him come in the apartment because it would be too awkward for us to talk there since almost everyone tease us.

It was the end point where you could see the whole city and I leaned against the railing, my fingers gripping it too tightly "I'm scared" I closed my eyes and felt his fingers tuck my hair back.

"I know" Jongdae said, pulling his mask down and standing beside me "I understand that. I was.. I was jealous of Luhan" he said and I furrowed my brows.

"Huh?"

"I.. I saw you two talking and got mad about it. I mean you were ignoring me totally but laughing with him.. it frustrated me" he sighed and my lips parted in surprise.

"Jongdae" I shook my head "He's a friend just like you" I placed a hand over his but he flinched back and I frowned.

"I don't want to be your friend" he said and my frown deepened. Something broke inside me in that moment and I stepped back from him.

"I... I'm sorry for the way I acted" I gulped "I know I'm a scared girl and even if I hate sympathy... I somehow get it from you guys.. I really regret the way I acted but I was... I was confused and hurt... I don't even know what I'm saying but please don't leave my side. You're my friend" I rambled but stiffened when he placed a hand over my cheek.