20

"You've got this."

I nodded at Sana and Sunhee as they both took me in their embrace. I felt like I was going on a war but again it was a war.

Fight for love.

"It's Hera's birthday. I feel bad for skipping." I mumbled and lowered my eyes to the ground. "I haven't even apologized to her for that day." I sighed. We were celebrating Hera's birthday today but Jongdae's mother arrived this morning and I needed to talk to her. It was now or never.

I couldn't delay it anymore.

"It's okay. We will surely enjoy without you."

I turned to look at Fei who smirked and puffed out smoke, a cigarette in between her fingers as she strolled towards me. I could hear low grumble behind and knew it was Sana. The two were too deep in ego to confess their love for each other. Kidding. But seriously they were like a bomb waiting to be blast whenever together. "Fei." I sighed.

"Hello bitch!" she waved at me before knocking her shoulder with mine as she went to Sunhee and wrapped her arm around the young girl. "You ready for the plan princess?" she asked.

I shook my head at her antics and glanced at Sana. "Don't tell Jongdae anything. I'll be back by 8 I guess." I told her and she nodded before hugging me again.

"You'll be fine. I'm here for you. Okay?" she mumbled and I hummed before pulling away. I looked at Fei and raised my brows.

"What? Do you want me to play sad violin or something? Go now." she shooed me away and Sunhee snickerd as she tightened her arm around the poor girl. I rolled my eyes and checked the time as I waited for the cab to arrive. As if on cue, the cab arrived and I waved at the three before walking to the cab. "Ya Lee Eun Sang!"

I was already in the cab the moment Fei called my name, I looked out of the window, confused and saw her muttering something under her breath before she came to me and pushed something in my hand. "What is it?" I asked but my eyes widened in shock as I stared at the thing she gave me.

"Remember you were a mother. Don't let it break you and embrace it." she said and then she was gone. I gulped as the cab started to my destination and closed my eyes. I had so many things to do. I just hope everything would be alright.

It has to be.

After few minutes the cab stopped outside a fancy restaurant and I climbed down to see Mrs Kim already standing there. Swallowing hard, I paid the driver and went to her. "Anyoung omoni." I bowed to her deeply and she gave me a nod as she gestured me to walk inside the restaurant. I followed her silently and to my surprise she already have made reservation for us in the private area.

It was empty and only we two were sitting there. I was so scared that I couldn't even order something to eat. I had lost my appetite. Mrs Kim ordered a bottle of red wine and then turned to me. "Relax child." she said gently.

I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. It's just so overwhelming." I mumbled.

"I understand." she replied and I looked up to meet her eyes. "So you have something to say?" she raised her brows and my lips parted to say something but again words just wouldn't come out. "Eun Sang?"

"Ne?" I squeaked out as my phone chimed with notification. "Excuse me." I smiled awkwardly and bought time for myself as I unlocked my phone. It was a message for car insurance company. I rolled my eyes internally and closed the app but my eyes stuck at the wallpaper of my phone.

 I rolled my eyes internally and closed the app but my eyes stuck at the wallpaper of my phone