Stage 5: Baseball Alone

Earlier, Sonic is observing a nearby baseball match.

Sonic: Whoa, the playoffs!

The match continues. He speeds out of hiding and watches the match behind the visitor stand. A kid who just finished a home run, high fives his teammates. Sonic smiles as the child is lifted into the air, the man of the match. Later, the players and attendees leave the field, get into their cars and leave. When the dark of night falls, while Sapotis attacked, the lights around the field are turned on. Sonic walks onto the grass and looks around.

Sonic: Oh! So cool...

He sees the baseball equipment, unprotected and ready to use.

Sonic (batter): Bottom of the ninth, tie score, and exactly who you want at the plate with the game on the line: Sonic!

He switches position. Sonic's now the pitcher.

Sonic (pitcher): But staring him down from the pitcher's mound is the most fearsome southpaw in Paris: also Sonic.

Sonic (batter): Okay. Focus, Sonic... If you win this game, you'll be the most beloved kid in Paris.

Another swap, as one of the team players, he slaps on his cheeks, lets out some arm farts and does weird hand motions

Sonic (red team): Hit it to the guy in left. He's a real space case.

As a member of the opposing team, he blows bubble gum and looks at his imaginary teammates, confused.

Sonic (green team): *groans* I can't with that guy.

Sonic (catcher): Hey, batter Sonic! Hey, batter Sonic! Suh-wing, batter Sonic!

The baseball is thrown and knocked away. Sonic, as the clueless player, is sniffing a nearby flower when the ball flies his direction. He gets up and tries to grab it

Sonic (clueless player): I got it, I got it, I got it! *dives, misses the ball* I don't got it.

The batter starts to run. The ball is picked up and thrown away, nearly hitting the passing Sonic as he reaches second base.