Stage 16: Rooftop Battle

The ring bounces of one of Robotnik's drones and falls down. A number of them begin to surround our three heroes.

Sonic: Okay, did someone leave their 'Find My Phone' on?

More drones surround them, almost causing Sonic to fall off the ledge. A flying machine flies in. The Eggmobile. 

The hood slides open, showing Dr

The hood slides open, showing Dr. Robotnik is at the controls, wearing a more game-accurate red-and-black suit.

 Robotnik is at the controls, wearing a more game-accurate red-and-black suit

Dr. Robotnik: Welcome to London, Mr. Raincomprix. Are you enjoying the Pie and Mash?

Roger: *to Maddie* It's the government wack job who keeps trying to kill us. *to Robotnik* Unsuccessfully! Nice for you to swing by on your way to Comic-Con.

Maddie: Yeah, what are you wearing?

Dr. Robotnik: *looks at his own outfit* It's a flight suit. Designed to modulate my body temperature and reduce drag.

Spoke the last word through gritted teeth.

Roger: Yeah. And yet, you still are one.

Dr. Robotnik: Ho ho! Good one! You are catching fire, Roger. Oh, and speaking of heat, I see you've taken a lover and a child.

Maddie glares at the doctor while protecting Sabrina.

Dr. Robotnik: Does she have a name, or should we just call her "Collateral Damage"?

The dangerous doctor laughs and slams against the rims of his ship.

Roger: Hey, watch your mouth. Unless you want a little more of what I gave you earlier? *to his wife* I punched him in the face.

Sonic: *ecstatic* Oh, he punched him right in the face. It was awesome!

Dr. Robotnik:  *enraged at having that moment being held over his head* The time for talking is over! *through gritted teeth* It's time to push buttons.

Sonic: *with confident* Your flying eggs are pretty impressive, Mr Eggman. But let's face it, you'll never catch me.

Dr. Robotnik: *nodding* Confidence... A fool's substitute for intelligence.

He opens the hatch of a button, which supercharges the quill he has obtained. "Prepping Quill Energy" appears on a readout. All of the drones surrounding the heroes simultaneously open their flaps to attack mode.

Sonic: *looking around* That's not good.

Roger: Uh... Sonic? I know you've got the super speed and everything, but the rest of us...

Sonic: Totally defenseless? Probably gonna get blown up?

Roger: Yeah.

Sabrina: We're dead.

Maddie: Pretty much, yeah.

Sonic: Don't worry. I know exactly what to do.

He suddenly bolts toward the wall behind them, then toward them, pushing them off the roof. all three screamed as they're falling down the building. Robotnik looks down at them in surprise, then sits back. He can't believe Sonic did that.

Dr. Robotnik: I was not expecting that. *shrugging* But I was expecting not to expect something, so it doesn't count.

All of the drones open fire at Sonic, but they slow down and stop, just as they're about to hit the hedgehog. Re-entering Sonic's realm of speed. The Raincomrpix Family were falling and Robotnik reaching out to push the red button, while Sonic was imitating a watch. 

Sonic: Look at this, I took 900 million steps today.

He waves some of the rockets out of the way, grabs two of them and drums down the bullets flying towards him. As Sonic dismantles the drones, Robotnik's finger inches closer and closer to the button. When he presses it, the music stops as the Eggmobile is charged up and flies straight upwards. Just as Sonic pushes two of the drones around so that they will fire at each other...

 Just as Sonic pushes two of the drones around so that they will fire at each other

Sonic: *finger gun gestures* Pew! Pew, pew, pew! Pew, pew, pew, pew...

...the machine flies back down and pulls out a laser. Sonic's eyes widen in horror as it is fired. He tries to get out of the way, but the beam blasts him out of his bullet time. When he regains consciousness, he sees the Raincomprix, quickly coming closer and closer to the concrete below. Sonic, surrounded by his scattered rings, screams and tries to grab one of them, which is just out of his reach.

Sonic: Come on! *air swimming* Come! Come, come, come, come, come! *reaching* Come on, come on, come on!

The hedgehog then, in a moment of quick thinking, pulls out one of his quills. He fishes the ring out of the air and finds his footing. While running down the building, he throws the ring, teleporting the three falling people back to Paris, flying sideways into Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie.

Sonic: Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Sonic skids, falls down a tree and lands on the sidewalk. Crashing and clattering sounds of all kinds are heard as rings, broken drones and rubble fall down around him. The owners saw Roger and his family on the floor. A customer walked into the bakery and saw him as well.

Customer: Oh... Hi, Roger. Glad you're here, could use some help. Old Bessie is about to give birth.

Dog barking outside.

Roger: *breathing heavily* Give me a minute...