Stage 12: Resting

The two stopped at a motel. Inside one of the rooms, Roger puts some ice into a towel to ease the pain at the side of his head. Sonic, excited as ever, is jumping on the bed.

Sonic: The floors were sticky, the crowd was rough and the odds were against us, but there was no stopping Robo Donut and the Blue Blur! *speeds onto the other bed* Scratch another one of my list!

The "Start A Bar Fight" item is penciled through. Roger sits down on his bed, handing his partner an ice pack.

Roger: You are a weird little dude.

Sonic grabs the towel with ice. Roger presses his against his cheek and grunts. Sonic imitates him. This goes on for a bit.

Roger: Okay...

Sonic: So, what are we gonna do now?

Roger: I'm gonna pass out watching TV. You should too.

Sonic: But this is my last night on Earth. I wanna soak up every last second.

Roger: Alright, well, anything you can find to do in this room, you knock yourself out.

Oh, he does. He sprints around, changing channels on the telly, balancing on one of the lights, playing with toilet paper, holding a pillow fight with himself and several other things, before disappearing into the bathroom. He comes back out, wearing slippers and towels wrapped around his chest and quills.

 He comes back out, wearing slippers and towels wrapped around his chest and quills

Sonic: Good times.

The sound of some farting kicked in, but it was obviously Sonic.

Roger: Oh, come on. That's awful, what did you eat?

Sonic: I think it's called a "chili dog".

Roger: *lying down* You might wanna check your fur on that one, buddy.

Sonic takes the improvised bathrobe off.

Roger: Hey, so, what's this next planet you're supposed to go to like?

Sonic: It's no Earth, I can tell you that. There's no people, just breathable air and giant mushrooms and stuff.

Roger: Well, look at it this way. At least, you won't be the only fungi.

Sonic: No. Don't ever do that again.

Roger: *chuckles* I liked it.

Sonic: *looks around sadly* I'm really gonna miss this place. I know I have to leave Earth to be safe, but what if Longclaw was wrong? Maybe I could have a life here...

Roger looks at him and gets back up.

Roger: Alright... You should get some sleep.

Sonic: You sleep. Don't worry about me. I'm gonna stay up all night, enjoying Earth while I can.

Roger puts his ice pack away. On the television, a news broadcast is playing.

Roger: Sure, kid. As long as we're on the road by eight.

As he turns back around, he sees that Sonic is fast asleep, snoring and mumbling. 

Roger walks over to him and tucks him in

Roger walks over to him and tucks him in. How nice. He looks onto Sonic's bucket list and sees a lot of stripes. Stripes and one item left open. "Make A Real Friend". He looks back to the TV, when his name comes up and a headline reads "Manhunt Underway For Rogue Police Officer"

Reporter: ...Roger Raincomprix, accused of committing an act of domestic terrorism. Raincomprix is considered armed and dangerous. Any information regarding his whereabouts should be reported to the local authorities immediately.

The next day, Robotnik's team has arrived at the Piston Pit. Two glaziers are replacing the broken window while Agent Stone interrogates the thug from earlier, who is wearing a neck brace.

Agent Stone: *holds up photo of Roger* Did he say where he was going?

The thug grabs the photo and takes a closer look.

Roundhouse Thug: Maybe, maybe not. *handing it back* Like I'd ever tell you.

Robotnik pushes his colleague aside.

Dr. Robotnik: Stand down, Agent Stone. This well-meaning citizen obviously doesn't understand the urgency of the matter.

The thug stands up.

Roundhouse Thug: Really?

Robotnik smiles and flings him straight through the new window. Both he and Stone leave the restaurant.

Dr. Robotnik: Now, that's what I call "good cop, bad cop".

Stone holds up his hand for an high five, only for Robotnik to punch him in the gut.

Dr. Robotnik: Hoy!

Robotnik walks away as Stone gets back up.

Dr. Robotnik: Left yourself open.

Every the loyal employee, Stone follows his boss to the truck.

Dr. Robotnik: Judging by the quickest route to London, the approximate speed of their vehicle, local weather conditions... *pushes buttons* They should be... right about... here.

A visual on the screen of Roger's car.

Agent Stone: That's brilliant, sir.

Dr. Robotnik: Thanks. *under his breath* For nothing...