Chapter 12

"Eyes on the road!!" Tzuyu shouted.

I was startled. "Yah. You don't have to shout." I shouted back at her.

We are driving back to the city to meet the girls. Yes. I decided to come with Tzuyu. The thought is so nerve-wrecking that I keep on asking her questions about my clothes, about my gift and everything.

I just took my eyes off the road for a secod there and she suddenly shouted.

"Stop the car. I will drive." She said. I thought it's a good idea so we switched. "You scared me more than those drug lords I faced. You could kill me Chae."

"You're just overreacting." I snorted.

"Ha. You can't even calm your hands." She said and I looked at my hands. She's right, it's shaking badly.

Alright. I admit. Aside from the fact that I could see my Mina after 5 long years, I am quite afraid of how the Unnies will react when they see me. I just vanished 5 years ago without telling anyone. I didn't even attended Jihyo-unnie's wedding, She's the one I feared the most with this meeting.

"Are they there yet?" I asked Tzuyu.

She just shrugged her shoulders.

Her phone rang. She connected the call to the car.

"Hey." She answered.

"Where are you?"

I looked at Tzuyu. The caller ID says it's Somi.

I know that Somi works for the FBI now. Tzuyu is the one who trained the latter, they became close but I can sense more than them being a colleague.

"Hey there Somi." I joined.

"Who are you with?" Somi sounded mad. Ha-ha. Gotcha.

Tzuyu glared at me. I mouthed "Eyes on the road". "That makes me sad Somi, how can you forget your ex-girlfriend?" I asked.

She became silent on the other line. "What the. Is that you Chae? Where the heck did you go???" She shouted.

I just laughed. Tzuyu ended the call after she explained that we will meet the other girls today.

"Why don't you ask her out?" I asked her. That call calmed my nerves. I am now feeling much better.

She just snorted. "Mind your business first, Ms. Runaway."

I laughed. She's always so short-tempered.

----------
The Cub Pub

Why does the name of this bar sounds familiar?

Tzuyu went inside after she parked without even waiting for me.I followed her half-running.

She said that the pub is rented for the entire day. That explains why the pub looked so empty when I got in. I could hear laughters from the left side.

I turned around and saw Tzuyu walked towards there. After saying something, 6 pairs of eyes are pierced right at me. I gulped.

I started walking slowly towards them. They just stared at me without uttering a single word. When I managed to stand beside Tzuyu, I greeted them.

"Hi?" I said, almost asking while waving my hand.

Momo then jumped at me. She hugged me so tight. "Chaeeeeengggg, where have you been? I miss youuu." She cried. I looked at the other girls and saw them crying as well.

Jeongyeon-unnie smacked me in the head the moment Momo-unnie broke the hug. "You brat. Why did you not even bid goodbye? We looked for you." She said and hugged me right after.

Sana-unnie hugged me but she did not talk. She can't actually, she was crying hard.

Dahyun hugged me the longest. She whispered "I miss you. Glad you're back." I patted her back. "Thank you."

Nayeon-unnie punched me lightly in the stomach. "That's for hiding from us for 5 years." She then hugged me. "I miss you kid."

When it was Jihyo-unnie's turn. She didn't utter any word. She didn't even hugged me. She just stared at me from the other side. "My bridal flower is pretty Chae." She finally said.

I got teary-eyed and went to her and hug her tight. "I'm sorry for not showing up to your wedding Unnie." She patted my back. I was the one who made that bridal bouquet. That's what I promised to her long ago.

"I understand." She wiped my tears. "You need to look pretty when she gets here. Stop crying."

We did a group hug. The bartender then serve us a drink on the center table.

"This is Sharon's favorite rhum cocktail. Enjoy ladies. She'll be here in awhile."

"Nice to see you again, Henry." Tzuyu talked to bartender. She knows him?

"Yes. Nice to see you too Tzuyu. We've got plenty of people here. I guess I don't have to worry about Sharon getting dunk today."

Tzuyu laughed. "Yup. You don't have to call me as well since I'm already here." They high-fived.

Nayeon faked a cough. "How do you know Mina's bartender Tzuyu-yah?"

"Oh how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself. Hi ladies, I'm Henry, Sharon's-no Mina's co-owner of this Pub."

Nayeon stood up and bowed. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were the co-owner."

Henry chuckled. "No. No. That's okay. So yeah, enjoy the day ladies." And he left.

Tzuyu was then asked how did she know Henry. "Long story." She just simply answered.

--------

Two hours had passed. She's still not here. I did not drink any 'coz I want to meet and talk to her without being under the influence of alcohol.

I keep on staring at the door. Dahyun throw some chips on me. "Relax. She'll be here."

*brrr brrr

I was startled when my phone suddenly vibrated. It's a call from my employee. I stood up to answer the call.

"Hello?" The line is quite static. I can't hear my employee from the other line.

"You should go outside. There's no signal here." Henry said. I nodded at him and mouthed "Thank you."

"Hello?"

"Miss Chae? Hello? Can you hear me?"

"Yes. What is it Sam? Speak up."

"Someone's here Miss Chae." Huh?

"Who?"

"She's waiting for you for 2 hours already Miss Chae. I kept on dialing your number but I can't reach you. I'm glad I already got a hold of you now."

Who could it be? I don't remember arranging a meeting today. I already re-scheduled my meeting with my coffee bean supplier. "Could you tell me her name?"

"Just a sec Miss Chae." I heard her talked to that person. "She said her name is Mina, Miss Chae. Mina Myoui."