Prologue

"Ready?" Nayeon asked the trembling Chaeyoung.

"Yup. Scared. But ready." Chaeyoung answered nervously.

*beep beep

Nayeon looked at her phone. "She's here."

The music played the moment the door opened. Mina is confused. She doesn't have any idea on what's happening. Chaeyoung called her out in here because of an urgent matters.

"Chae?" She called out. The room is covered with balloons and rose petals. The music stopped. Someone tapped her back. She immediately turned around.

"Chae." She muttered upon seeing Chaeyoung all dressed up with a bouquet of sunflowers. Her favorite.

"What's happening? I thought it's an emergency? What is this?" Mina asked while looking around the room.

"Here." Chaeyoung handed the flowers. "I'm sorry Mina if I had you worried."

"Mina?" Mina asked Chaeyoung. She was shocked that Chae dropped her honorifics on her.

"I don't wanna call you unnie anymore." Chaeyoung said nervously. "Mina... I like you."

Silence.

Mina just stood there and stared at Chae. Then she laughed. "Is this a prank? Where's the camera? Phew. I almost believed you right there." Mina laughed hard. Fakely.

"No Mina. I ain't kidding. I like you. I really like you. Can we date?" Chaeyoung said loudly.

That stopped Mina from laughing. She looked at Chaeyoung and handed her back the flowers. "I like you Chae." She stopped for a few seconds.

"But as a friend and a colleague only. Not as someone I want to be romantically involved with. I'm sorry."

Mina left after saying that. Chaeyoung stood there without talking. Nayeon and the rest of the girls watching the whole confession couldn't utter a word that could comfort Chaeyoung's heart.

Later that day. The internet and news was bombarded with this headline. "Mina and Bambam are rumored dating."