Wally

I woke up to the phone ringing. I put Rich- Dick down carefully. I ran over there and picked up the phone. "Hello?" I asked whoever was calling. It was my mom. She sounded cheerful. "Good news Wally! Your uncle is okay!" I stood there, frozen from joy. Oh thank god! "He is?" I asked just to make sure.  "Yes he is." She sobbed happily. I sighed with relief. I turned and saw Boy Wonder groggily waking up, with his glasses off. "Mhmm? Wally? W-who are you, um, talking to?" He asked sitting up and pushing the palms of his hands in his eyes to wake him up. "My mom. My uncle is going to be okay!" As soon as I said it out loud I could not contain myself. I ran around the room with my super speed almost knocking over a close to standing Richard. "Woah, dude." He stated, falling back on the coutch. Okay, maybe I did knock him over... Oops. "Sorry babe." I said.

 His bright blue eyes widened, unsure of what to say. Once again I ruffled my hair leaving it at the base of my neck. "Um, sorry... That was to soon, wasn't it? God, I'm sorry..." "No, no. I actually kinda liked it." He blushed, taking his blue eyes off me. "You did?" I asked a little stunned. He smiled a small smile but nodded slowly. "Yeah, a little bit." That made my heart flutter. God, I truly did love him. I just hope he doesn't leave like the others. "Hey, Walls... You okay?" He asked with his amazing blue eyes full of worry. "Um, yeah... I'm fine." I lied through my teeth. What was wrong with me? So many years had past from loseing her. My best friend, Clarissa, died when we were riding our bikes down a canyon. She was going to fast and missed the tight turn... At the time I didn't know I had super speed and almost died as well trying to save her. Now Dick had become my best friend after what happened in his past, he can relate to mine. "Are you thinking about her?" Dick asked me quietly. "Yeah...  I am..." He put his hand on my  forearm. "It will be okay. I can tell you this, the pain will never die down. But thinking about them won't hurt as much as it does now. No one can replace her Wally. Do not feel as if I am taking her place. Stay traught." I grinned at that last bit. "Come on, lets get cookies." I said and dragged him by the arm into our kitchen.