Chapter 2

-"Oh, hello, what brings you here, um... sorry I didnt catch your name?"

With a very shaky voice i stated, "Emily. You can call me Em. Father sent me over to deliver the paper you had asked him to fill in earlier."

As he reached out, I met him halfway and handed the white scrape. He ordered me nicely to sit next to the front desk while he did what was supposed to be done. His large muscly figure disappeared behind the closed doors where a sign hung with "restricted area" written in gold letters.

I sat there quietly anticipating his return when something caught my attention. It was a file that claimed my sister's name, and I couldn't help but open it as curiosity took over me.

A picture of her pretty face was attached to many papers in there. Cautiously, as I was moving the picture, I made sure not to stain what was written with my tears.

The first paper I eyed held within it some basic information about my beloved sister such as her name, gendre, family, religion and nationality, but I didn't bother reading them recalling that I had the priviledge to have once known her personally and all about her. 

There it was. All the information I needed to know about my sister's accident gathered in that paper, and I was left to face the truth alone, but as soon as I reached out my hand to grab it, I noticed the shadow of officer Brenn making his way back from behind the closed doors, so I snached it with every bit of speed I possesed, put in the picture back, and placed the file in its first position before I disturbed its peace. Hiding it in my dress seemed to be the only place I could think of.

When the officer came out, I was just as white as a ghost, and I prayed deeply that he wouldn't notice any change concerning the file or my behaviour; however, on the contrary, with a very light smile he headed towards me, "all is taken care of now. You can go home," but then arbrutly added, "I beg you to be very careful, and remember if you need anything you can always talk to me Emily, and I mean it, anything."

Shyly and a bit guilty, I shook my head in a slow motion while blurting out a barely audible thank you; however, it was audible enough for him to hear me and smile sweetly.

On my way back home, only one thought roamed through my tired head. I was finally going to uncover the truth, but did I really want to know? Wouldn't it make us hurt more? Knowing the truth couldnt possibly change anything, but I needed to know, I thought to myself. 

My arrival was unnoticed, and the same dull slim figures still sat beside my mother and consoled her. With a few head tilts and a couple of spins, I made sure that my father wasn't around. I went to our backyard and sat under our old treehouse; it was my perfect chance to steal a look at the crippled paper that was still readable.

With anticipation building inside of me, I unfolded the paper and allowed my eyes to venture. Reading the paper was definitely not the best decision, and I realised why Brenn wanted to keep it away from us. My knees could no longer support me, and I crashed to the ground while my unstoppable tears attempted to drown me. 

It coldly stated:

" White female.

Tall, wavy ginger hair.

Round face, hazel eyes, slim lips.

Slim figure.

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 145 lbs.

22 years of age.  

Found dead by police marshals.

Place of death: behind the old well.

Date of death: 8/10/1945.

Time of death: around 6:30 pm.

Cause of death: sever blood hemorrhage due to dismemberment.

Description of the accident,

     -Thesis have been confirmed by the representative coroner.

    -Signs of struggling were found.

    -DNA samples were collected.

The victim was starteld from the back.

Her wrists were tied in a cross form from behind with a wire rope. Bruises and cuts demonstrate signs of struggle.

Deap cuts on her forehead show that she recieved mutiple blunts to the head with a rock, but that was not the cause of death.

She was subjected to brutal sexual assault, which we believe caused her to faint throughout the process.

Broken ribcage due to the pressure and constant blows of another body that according to the evidences and measurments retrieved would be a:

     -Male (25 years of age).

     -Approximatly 6'4".

     -Weighs around 179lbs.

Major bruising on the chest and inner thighs areas.

Mutilation around the genitals area.

Index and ring finger were cut off the right hand with a sharp blade object (unidentified).

Left thigh sawed off, found 1.58m away from the body.

Both eyes gouged out manually.

In a matter of seconds, I felt nauseated and did not keep myself from disgorging.

I couldn't process what I had just read. She did not deserve this, any of this! Why would anyone do that to her? How could anyone do that to her?

Multiple emotions mixed in my blood, and a flash of hatred sparkled in my deep green eyes.

I thought to myself what kind of sick animal attacked my defenseless sister, what must have he been thinking, how was he able to destroy something so beautiful?

After he was done with her, he decided why don't I try the new knife set I bought the other day? To what it appeared, he enjoyed cutting her. Leaving scars on her creamy light flesh was not enough for him; dismembering her would be much more amusing, you know?

Let alone that she was disfigured and barely recongnizible anymore; however, my mind stopped racing with unanswerable questions once I heard the slow footseps creeping behind me and the heavy breathing latshing on my neck sending warm shivers down my spine. I spun around with haste and a sigh of relief escaped from me. 

-"Did you really think I wouldn't know?"