Epilogue

It was a mess, a chaotic mess.

All over the world, terror reigned.

All over the world, pain striked almost as hard as the Heinkels He 51.

Shelters everywhere were overloaded with the number of refugees who came seeking the mere shadow of protection.

Hospitals all over were overflowing with the number of patients they've adopted; medicines were quickly running out while the number of injured and sick was rising in a very dizzining speed.

Death was roaming in the air. The metallic scent of blood, beds of bullet shells and mountains of decaying bodies stood as proof of the ongoing war.

We were one of the few lucky people who survived with such little damadge.

In the late year of the war, exactly in march 1945, even though the german soldiers were stationed in Rothenburg to defend the village, we succumbed to bombing raids by 16 war aircrafts, killing along 37 people and destroying 306 houses, 6 public buildings, 9 watchtowers and over 2000 feet of the wall; however, beauty saved us as the U.S Assistant Secretary of War John J. McCloy knew about the historic importance and beauty of Rothenburg. He ordered US Army General Jacob L. Devers not use artillery in taking Rothenburg.

Later on, six soldiers marched into Rothenburg on a three-hour mission to negotiate the surrender of the town. The local military commander Major Thömmes gave up the town, ignoring the order of Adolf Hitler for all towns to fight to the end thereby saving it from total destruction by artillery.

In comparison to the utter destructions and deaths that other villages suffored, it wasn't fair for us to complain.

What we witnessed was just a passing ghost of the real monster.

Five month after, prayers were answered; pleadings were fulfilled. The war evaporated only leaving behind the memory of the oh so young soldiers and innocent citizens in the hearts of their loved ones and the ruins of a once proud historical building as proof of the atrocious happening.

Regardless of the efforts that the American troops made to annihilate the German soldiers, some of the corrupt remained cautiously wandering unnoticed, but the life of a ghost was no life at all.