Chapter 12: Repercussions

TRIGGER WARNING: There is going to talk about a sexual assault.

Jade POV

I couldn’t believe that we came in contact with our father who I have never met or cared about. I wasn’t sure how I felt about him and how he is trying to reconnect with us. But this made me wonder, could he be the one who saves me from the world? Could he help and get me closer to the monster that we live with? I looked at the number that he gave us, in case we need anything from him. “Hey Jade,” I heard someone calling out for me. “Jade,” I finally felt a small shake on my thighs. It scared me enough to pull me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw that it was only MIck. I gave him a small smile and responded, “Yeah.”

“I was just saying that I have to go into work and was wondering if you wanted to come in with me?” I looked up and noticed that we were home but we were still sitting in the car. I also noticed the tormentor wasn’t home yet. I looked up at him and proceed to say, “I don’t think so. I am really tired and I don’t think he is going to be home very soon.” I said, looking back at my lap.

“Are you sure?” he asked me, “I can even stay home from work if you need me to.”

I shook my head no. I know how hard he has been trying to save up for college. He always told me that he wanted to get as far away as possible. I don’t blame him though. When I can, I am getting away from this treacherous place. Once I got out of the car, I waved at him while he was pulling out of the driveway. Once he was farther down the street I turned to head into the house when I saw him standing there, with a small grin on his face. I couldn’t shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

“Where have you guys been?” he asked in a tone that I knew that he was going to rape me again. Tears started to come down my eyes. I didn’t want to be raped or touched at all. I didn’t know how to speak or what to say. “I fucking asked you a damn fucking question.” this time it was a demand. It made me jump back a little. Tears coming down my face even more. I started to shake my head. I didn’t want to answer. I didn’t want to tell him that we talked to my father today. My actual father today.

“Oh, you stupid bitch.” He said with a sly fucking grin on his face. I knew at this moment that I fucked up real bad. He grabbed me from my arm and pulled me from the arm. There was a moment when I yelped. It terrified me for sure. Once I fell into the house, I tried my hardest to run from him. I could let him touch me again. But I wasn’t a match for him. He out-strength me and I couldn’t do anything about it.

Once he was on top of me, I felt him forcefully pull down my shorts and underwear from me. I tried to fight him off of me. But I couldn’t, he pinned me down to the grown and this biggest grin on his face. I couldn’t believe that this is happening to me again. I was unaware of how weak I was that I let him do this again. What made me feel more disgusted with myself is that he slowly unbuttoned his pants. Tears coming down my face. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me again. I tried to block the pain that he was doing to me. I had to escape the horror that he caused me. I had to go to my happy place. The place that was far from here.

Once done I heard him button up his pants. He stood up with a giant smile on his face. He started to speak but none of it was registering to me. “Thanks, honey,” he said, “you know how I like it for sure.” he came to rub my cheeks but I jerked away from him. I didn’t want to be around him anymore. “Oh, don’t be like that. You are something special. Thank you so much.” he said a small smile on his face as he walked out of my room. Being left there crying to myself. I couldn’t believe that I let him do this again to me. I don’t know how to recover from this.

I was just there... Just wondering how I can recover from this.

Mickey POV

Today was one of those days that became very draining. First, my dad decided that he wanted to come all of sudden and to top it all off I couldn’t keep my mind off of Jade. I am scared of her safety and don’t want anything to happen to her. All I wanted to do was go into my bed and just snuggle deep into it. Once I arrived home I notice the dickhead of the stepfather of ours wasn’t here once I pulled up into the driveway. I was really happy that I didn’t have to deal with his shit and hopefully that Jade hadn’t to deal with him either.

As I walked into the house, I proceeded to walk toward my room, but here I am stopped in the middle of the hallway. What made me stop you ask? Well, I heard crying. I went to investigate who was crying and why. I noticed that it was coming from Jade’s room. Once I went into her room, I saw that she was curled up in a ball and tears streaming down her eyes. I rushed to her and attempted to hug her but she pushed me. Shaking her head and started to say “don’t touch me.” I knew what happened to her. I am looking at her, trying to be the rock for the both of us but this is eating me alive. How can I let him touch her again? I am here to protect her but I fucking failed her again. How the fuck can I console her if I can't go near her. How the fuck did I let this happen again. This shit is all my fault.