19

"What do you mean you're bored, hmm? Where are Renjun and Jaemin?"

"They've gone out on some date that's not a date but is a date, I'm not sure if I'm honest" Haechan sighed as he replied to Mark, shifting the phone in his hand as he lay on his bed "Anyways, the point is that I'm alone and I'm bored"

"Keep talking...."

"I'm really very super bored and really do wish that there was someone, anyone out there in the harsh, cold world-"

"It's August and it's boiling outside, baby"

"Don't fucking interrupt me you little bitch" Haechan snapped before sighing and getting back into character "I just wish that there was someone, anyone out there in the harsh, cold world to keep a sad, lonely, quiet, shy little boy like me some company"

"See you in 10 minutes? I'll bring food"

"Yeah sure I'll see you then" the younger just ended the call, giving up on being the universe's biggest drama queen.

"Why are you so quiet, today?" Haechan asked bluntly as he and Mark sat on the younger males couch, eating ice cream "Not gonna lie, I dig it but why do you look like a kid who's mama just told them they're not allowed to play out with their friends?"

"Shut up, Hyuck" Mark groaned "You ask a question but you're too busy giving sass to even listen to the reply, annoying slut"

Haechan just smiled in a pretty yet infuriating manner and shuffled onto Mark's lap, crossing his legs casually.

"It was my birthday on the 2nd of August" Mark spoke, giving Haechan a stern look as the younger attempted to interrupt before continuing nervously "I just, I was hoping for word from my uhh, from my brother. We're not really, we're not really close so I shouldn't have expected anything but I, uhh yeah I'm kinda disappointed and I-"

Mark was cut off when Haechan threw his arms around him and pulled him in close, hugging him tightly. He was so surprised he didn't even get a chance to pull away before he was pulling Haechan closer. The elder didn't even remember when the last time was when he'd received a hug. The only forms of physical contact he got now where either sexual or back hand slaps from Jeno when he'd forgotten to put the milk back in the fridge.

The hug was nice though and he didn't even realize that he'd pulled Haechan closer or that he was gripping onto the back of the youngers shirt as if he would be ripped away any second. He didn't even realize that he was nuzzling into Haechan's neck like a toddler or that Haechan was letting him.

"Why didn't you say anything sooner, baby?" Haechan gently scolded as he pulled Mark's head onto his chest, stroking his hair soothingly "Idiot, you're supposed to tell me when you're going through something. Does Jeno know?"

"N-no, I didn't tell him" Mark replied slowly, as if in a daze before wrapping his arms around Haechan's waist "I didn't think that it was that important"

"If you're not happy, then it's fucking important dumbass" Haechan gently tapped the back of Mark's head before kissing his forehead "You should tell someone if you're not okay"

"Mark could barely comprehend what was going on, he was so stunned by this other side of Haechan. So sweet, calm and collected. Nothing like the mischievous, sassy devil that he knew. What he was even more shocked by was the fact that he was falling for the younger's kindness, allowing it to break it's way through the walls he had built and the layers of armour he had accumulated over the years and catch him off guard.

"Wh-why are you being so kind to me?"

"Because...." Haechan stalled, flushing pink "Just, because okay!"

"Yeah..but why?" Mark insisted.

"Damn it Mark, because I like you okay?"