Wow, New Guy (Rewritten A Bit)

Also dedicated to Fantasy_girl21 Jessicacheerbear417 Very_Blue WeeknightCrisis / / / /
© Copyright 2015 ShawnGardner2
/ / / / / /

"Have you seen him yet?" Scarlett questioned.

"No?" I replied in a who-cares tone.

She dramatically threw her head back; her red curls tumbled everywhere over her shoulders.

"Oh my god, you need to see him NOW!" she said, grabbing my arm.

"What's the big deal anyway?"

"He looks like the product of Perfection and Zeus having a steamy one night stand, in the back of a Male Underwear Modeling Agency."

"Wow, so important."

"Now you've got the picture."

We had both been walking out of the lunchroom at that point. Crowded as always, so there was little room to slip through the backs of other people.

"Hello darling!" Scarlett called to some random girl as we walked. For some reason her usually untraceable British accent fell from cover.

"In the office," She said pointing me towards the exit.

"How's Sarah?" I heard her say to the girl as I left.

One of the beautiful things about Northwood High was that the teachers didn't care about you once you left their class. Translation, you could do anything you wanted, including walking out of the lunchroom. They always claimed that was to treat us like adults, and show us how we decide our life, and a whole lot of other jazz. Personally, I thought it because the teachers were lazy, and genuinely didn't care.

About thirty other kids were roaming pointlessly through the red and white halls with me. Some were doing productive things like reading, or studying. Others were doing less productive things like making out, and nearly screwing each other against the lockers. I on the other hand was on my way to the office, to see a potential descendent of Zeus, something somewhat productive. (Not really.)

When I arrived at the office, the door was just open enough to where I could get a glimpse inside. Despite the fact I didn't care, Scarlett's fascination with the new guy did provoke a little curiosity. I somewhat peaked inside while hiding halfway behind the wall. Then I saw him. And believe me, Scarlett did not do this perfect boy justice.

He had a gorgeous jumble of shining brown hair combed into a heart melting messy look. His biceps, even though covered by a green and white football jacket, bulged through showing them being near the size of my thighs. He was slightly fair skinned with a higher pinch of tan. Usually one of my many turn offs about a guy, but this one did everything but turn me off.

I hadn't noticed I was staring a hole in him until a voice caught me off guard.

"Was I right or not?" Scarlett said.

"Wow, New Guy," I said breathlessly.

Then something unexpected happened; he smiled, the most flawless smile I had ever seen. Not too much teeth, but not too little. Gorgeous. Then he flashed his head my direction.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," he jokingly called.

My heart stopped.

"That's my cue," Scarlett said speed walking away.