The Breakfast Interrogation (Edited)

"Well," Ted said. He sounded a little uncomfortable discussing the answer with a girl he never really talked to.

"Don't answer that, Scarlett has amnesia she'll just forget and ask again," I rushed into a sentence. I obviously didn't think through the sentence, and it sounded very lame.

"Amnesia, I don't remember that," Scarlett said looking overly puzzled trying to portray her sarcasm.

"It's because you have it silly," I said with a sarcastic smile.

The boy had just gone on a technical date with me, and I was going to lose him at the restaurant turned police station, at The Breakfast Interrogation.

"It's okay, I can answer," Ted said.

"See, he already got the first question correct," Scarlett smiled.

She escorted herself into our already tiny green booth on my side. With the little space I had left, I sat on the edge. She stared him dead in in the eyes and leaned forward. The table however was large, so she wasn't straight in his face; she was about two feet from him. He leaned back into the cushions as if he was preparing for a long talk, but he had a calm laidback smirk on his face as if he was humoring the whole prosecution.

"Now, your answer good sir," Scarlett said.

"I've had three," he said.

"How old are you?" She questioned.

"16,"

"Ooo, a year older,"

"I turn 16 in two months," I added in annoyed.

"Well still older, back to questions. Do you play sports?"

"Football and baseball,"

"Why aren't you on the school team?"

"I'm too late to try out, but since my previous records show I'm pretty good, they might make an exception,"

"Okay, so a sporty guy. Now, one last thing. Are you a virgin?"

"Okay, that's enough," I butted in as the waitress returned, and saving him from the extremely inappropriate question, "Scarlett, aren't you here with your parents? They're probably worried where you went,"

I was pulling her out of the booth by her arm forcefully.

"Well, my mom works here now, so I can walk around here all I like, she won't even know, she's in the kitchen," she said stopping in the middle of my effort of pushing her back.

The waitress woman looked odd at what was happening between us, but placed our plates down before leaving.

"You are the most embarrassing person I know," I whisper yelled at her.

"That's what friends are for," Scarlett whispered back. I could hear the smile on her face.

"You know what, she might need me to sweep again," Scarlett lied, beginning to walk away, "See you guys later, enjoy the food,"

"See ya Scarlett," I said.

"I am," Ted just said out of the blue.

Scarlett nearly made a screeching sound when she slammed herself to a stop, "What?" She said.

I grew interest in the answer after he replied. The whole play boy never settle down image we had created might have been false after all.

"You asked if I was a virgin, I am," he replied emotionless.

I was speechless. Never judge a book by it's cover indeed. This handsome masterpiece I had only seen in my dreams was a virgin still? It seemed impossible.