Date Killer (Edited)

I hastened my room trying to find the dress I had in mind for the first dinner we had with Ted and his family. The reason I say first is because Mindy had been talking to Mrs. Allen an awful lot earlier today.

It was 6 pm on the big date Friday. Mr. Big Balls as everyone seemed to be pointing out must have had a small brain for not telling me what time he would arrive.

I had showered, got dressed, then sweated through my shirt from the stress of waiting, and showered again. Now I had to find a nice dress to wear, a nice sleeveless one. Even though I wasn't trying to make a big deal about the date, my body couldn't help moving without my brains input.

I busily rummaged through my hampers and closet, only making my junkyard room even junkier. Then I finally found it.

A red Balmain sleeveless dress. I did mention I was rich right? Then I began curling my hair after I put it on.

"Slow down it's not that serious" my mind tried to tell my body.

"Hey I don't understand your fears, I'm a female body going through puberty" my body replied.

I on the other hand sat in a mutual agreement with them both. However my independent girl will was siding with my mind, putting my body at a disadvantage.

Eventually my mind won. I started to slow down with the realization that maybe he had forgot, or actually went somewhere with Denver. Why did she have to look like a teenage version of Kim Kardashian? I decided that I wouldn't worry. Okay, he's not coming it's okay. Just get dressed in case he does.

The doorbell rang interrupting my self-ranting. Instantly my body told my mind to screw off as it scurried around my room like a road runner.

"It's Ted," Mandy called.

"I'm coming," I called back.

"Where's my earrings?!?!" I nearly screamed to myself.

"Are they gold with three bars?" A male voice said.

I dropped my clutch purse and spun around towards him as my nerves and heart tried to calm down.

"You have got to stop coming in my room!" I yelled.

I walked over and grabbed the earrings out of his hands. He had on a causal white dress shirt with a pair of jeans. Obviously an odd combination, and obviously I was over dressed. Again.

"You went all out," he smiled.

"Don't get you panties in a bunch, it's only because these are my cheap clothes," I extremely lied.

"Well, you still look beautiful."

"Do you say that to all the girls you just meet two days prior?"

"Only the one's I think will work out."

"Har har, very heart melting."

Who was I kidding, that was the type of cheesy pick up line that got me going every novel I read, and every movie I watched.

"Well when you're done, you can just walk on over."

I looked up at him like he was crazy.

"You said what!"

"Just walk over to my house; you did know that's where I was talking about the other day right?"

"Yeah, easy to guess."

I was freaking out. He made me get all worked up and all dressed up to go to his house? He was starting to annoy me too much already. He walked out of the room, and shortly after he went out the door.