I Hate You (Edited)

After chickening out of telling my dad I walked upstairs into my room. I tried to make a pros and cons list in my head, but no matter what, I couldn't bring myself to do it. First Mom died, then he finally met this girl, then she cheated on him, for I don't even know how long. I didn't want to be the person to deliver that news.

"The person," I thought to myself.

Then it hit me. Ted saw her. I couldn't prove that he would tell, but just by the short amount of time I've known him, he didn't seem to bite his tongue.

I yanked my phone out my pocket, and called Scarlett. After a few rings she answered.

"Hello," she said.

"Scarlett, Ted," I said.

"What about him?"

"He's going to tell my dad about Mandy."

"And? I thought you already did that."

"I didn't, I was going to but it would crush him."

"Well you can't just know what she did, and not tell him."

"I don't know, I might but I'll have to wait."

"I guess, but you still have to worry about Ted."

"I know, I'm going over there ASAP."

"Then you have to worry about me."

"You wouldn't dare!"

"I won't, I'm just messing with you."

"Okay, secret until further notice."

"Secret."

"What's a secret?" Mandy said, appearing in my room.

I jumped and looked at her, "What, nothing," I said.

She slowly closed my door.

"Mandy what are you doing?"

My heart began to increase its beating rate. I was nearly frozen with fear; she must have knew I saw her. The only question was, was how far would she have gone to keep me silent. I left the phone on, so Scarlett could hear.

"Trying to make sure what you thought you saw today, remains a thought," she said.

"What did I see?"

"Don't play stupid with me! I know you were over that little b*tch Scarlett's house today,"

"Yeah so?"

"So, you just were talking to her about seeing me and my brother Jason."

I gathered up courage from knowing Scarlett was on the phone, and heard her call her a b*tch, so Scarlett was probably already on her way to kill her.

"That wasn't your brother."

"I know that, but your dad doesn't, so that's what he's going to stick with."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because his daughter never liked me from the start."

"You're lying, I've been nice to you for years now, and those days are in the past."

"Yeah but not me, I've told your father ever mean thing you've done to me when he leaves."

"You're bluffing, he would say something."

"Not if I tell him right before you say something."

I became angry. She told me she was going to lie to my father just to keep herself safe. I couldn't stand for it.