A New Beginning...

So, here we are getting ready for our celebratory party. After all the time spent worrying, it felt so good to have a somewhat normal life again. The reason why it's not completely normal is because we have a fresh life. I have a fresh new relationship with Ethan that doesn't involve sneaking around and having him deny that he really does love me. "Well, I'm glad that you actually found time to make it to this party." I smiled at him. "You missed an incredible rager at our housewarming party."

"I hope you didn't do anything that you would regret!" Ethan exclaimed in surprise. "Actually, I made out with Bryce." I smirked. "What?!" Ethan exclaimed. "I'm kidding! He was just my beer pong partner." I told him. "Don't joke about that! You had me worried there for a moment!" "Aww, you know you're the only one I love." I nudged him. "We did have a very close call having the landlord catching a very crowded hallway." "Luckily she saved our skins." Jackie said, helping Rafael set up the keg. "However... I did make out with Bryce in a supply closet once; Zaid actually caught us..." I told him. "Ok, now I've definitely got to know how this happened!" Ethan exclaimed. "It was toward the beginning of my intern year here. I was feeling sorry for myself because I felt that I wasn't good enough to be here after I nearly killed my first patient... Bryce came in to cheer me up, I hugged him, the next thing I knew we were kissing. Then Zaid came in, Bryce asked for privacy, and Zaid said Oh, by all means. I'm so sorry to intrude! I'll just wait out here 'til you're done. Or, if I may be so bold... might you hand me a suture kit?" I told him. "Ah, good times." Bryce smiled. Ethan laughed, "So you were getting in trouble way before your Ethics hearing?" "How are you not mad at me for that?" I asked Ethan. "What you did before we got together is your business... I can understand that the pressure was getting to you, so you found a crazy way to let off steam. Usually I would just read, but if getting caught kissing in the supply closet is what you're into... To each their own." Ethan replied. "You're never gonna let me hear the end of this one, are you?" I asked. "Not a chance!" Ethan smiled.

"What's so different about the idea of making out with Bryce at a party though?" I asked him, curiously. "You started scanning my brain." Ethan answered. "Meaning?" I asked. "You probably figured out the lie to my attraction for you and if you ended up kissing someone else afterwards... well I would assume that I messed up and you were all ready to move on." He answered. "I suppose I was always afraid to get close to someone... Just to avoid getting hurt in the end. Yet you make it impossible to stay away." "Well, I'm not going anywhere, so you better believe that you're stuck with me." I smiled at him. "I don't doubt it for a second." Ethan smiled back. "You've always proved your trustworthiness and you always proved that you're always there for me, so I appreciate it. And then... and then... When I told you I made a mistake in believing you about that so-called doctor... it felt like the entire world went up in flames because I was certain that it was the end... Especially when you said that maybe what we had wasn't real... I didn't see any glimmer of hope in that moment. I wanted to tell you I didn't mean it, but I thought it would only make you more angry at me. You'd be so sick of me pulling away all of the time that you wouldn't believe me." "Well, I did sulk in my room for a bit..." I told him. "When you found out about my shoulder, I just kept thinking that you just felt sorry for me, and I pushed you away because of it. I kept thinking that once I get better, you won't even consider being with me all over again." "What makes you think that?" "That's how things are, right? Everything goes back to normal eventually. Our relationship had been complicated since the beginning... Emotions were running high at the very moment... You couldn't make things work with Harper Emery, so I assumed you couldn't make things work with me." "First of all, you're not Harper." Ethan told me. "Secondly, I couldn't resist you even if I tried."

"I wore you down, huh?" "You better believe it. The first time you talked to me at Donahue's you asked if I had someone waiting for me at home... After everything that happened... I want that person to be you." "I thought you don't take work at home with you?" I smirked. "For you... I'll make an exception..." Ethan replied. "If you want to, of course. You don't have to think about it right away. Actually, forget I asked. It's too soon, isn't it?" "Shut up, I'd be happy to be your roommate buddy." I told him. "Roommate buddy?" Ethan asked in shock. "Should I be regretting this?" "No take backs." I smiled. "You better get used to Lucy snuggles!" "Aw, I'm gonna miss them..." Sienna said, sadly setting up a tray of cookies. "What? You're gonna miss them more than me?" I asked her. "Aw, you know I'll miss you too." Sienna replied, hugging me. "...But this is an incredible opportunity for you! You finally get to move forward and start giving us little doctor babies." "What?!" Ethan exclaimed. I laughed, "I might have to trick him into it; he doesn't think kids are in the cards." "Doctor babies!" Ethan exclaimed. "Should I sleep with both of my eyes open?" Sienna laughed too, "You are so easy to mess with, Dr. Ramsey." "Well... don't worry, Sienna. You can still see Lucy, Schroeder, and Sally whenever you want." I told her. "That's a relief." Sienna smiled. "They are bathroom trained, aren't they?" Ethan asked. "We haven't had any problems so far." I replied. "Just guard your alcohol, Lucy loves to drink." "Noted!" Ethan exclaimed. "We already have Aurora to replace Landry, but who are we gonna get to fill in for your share of the rent?" Elijah asked. "Rachel." I answered. "She's looking for a new start herself; why not a new apartment to match?" "That sounds like a good idea; I like her." Sienna said. "It'll also help her focus on her psychology studies." "Are you sure you want this though...?" I asked Ethan. "What if you end up hating me?" "You've fought me when I assigned Nigel as your patient, you fought me when you thought I wouldn't testify for you at your ethics hearing, but none of that was as bad as the fight we had recently. I rather live with you than without you. Even if you are a colossal pain." "The feeling is mutual. You may be grumpy at times, but I love you no matter what." I told him. "And look on the bright side, if you ever get hungover again... You'll always have me to give you my special hangover cure of fruit juice, chocolate, and salsa." "I am not getting hungover again if you're gonna make that threat." Ethan smiled. "Admit it, you loved it." I teased. "I'm not gonna admit it; you'll be making that horrific drink every night!" "You can say what you want about my hangover cure, but we both know it saved your life." "It wasn't the cure it was the company that came with the cure." "That's good enough for me."