Asylum Madness

We had just left the bayou and Dominique hugged me goodbye. "Someone sure has a little crush on you." Jackie teased as Dominique headed back to his cabin. "What crush?" Rafael asked as he and Ethan finally caught up with us. "The Master of the Crocodiles... Apparently he finds Christy... Cute." Bryce answered. "Oh?" Ethan asked, studying me. "It's really not that big of a deal. He doesn't get many sympathetic people in his neck of the woods!" I replied. "Were you... drinking? You couldn't live without me for a day could you?" "I don't know what you're talking about!" Ethan exclaimed in surprise of my teasing. "Go, talk amongst yourselves." Rafael pushed him towards me. "Oh, yeah! We've got to... Uh... Check out the local Jambalaya." Elijah came up with an excuse. "Bring some back for me!" I called after them. "You got it!" Elijah called back. Once everyone was gone, I turned to Ethan awkwardly, "So... Here's the thing... We're kind of connected through a spirtual connection and we still sort of have magic within." "Meaning?" Ethan asked. "That last glow we shared bonded us and we haven't completely lost the power. Watch this..." I told him, concentrating on a chocolate bar that magically appeared in Ethan's hands. His eyes widened and he stared at the chocolate with bewilderment. "Of course... This explains why things were weird..." He said. "The crocodile painting?" I asked. "They told you about that?" He looked back up from the chocolate bar. "Yeah, they thought it was quite suspicious." I smiled. "Are you planning on sharing that?" "I don't know... I'm rather weary of chocolate that appears out of nowhere." Ethan replied. "What? Do you think I've added some kind of truth serum to it?" I asked, teasing him. "I hope not! The truth has already cornered me into conversations I would prefer to avoid!" Ethan exclaimed, handing half of the chocolate to me.

"Is it about me?" I asked. "What? Can we read each other's minds now?" Ethan asked, avoiding my gaze. "I mean... Technically we could, but I don't want to invade your personal space." "Somehow you manage to invade my personal space even if you're not reading my mind." Ethan laughed half-heartedly. "Well, we are officially connected spirits." I smiled. "Should I be worried about that?" Ethan asked, smiling back at me. "It depends... I want you to fully understand why I've been so focused on... putting myself in harm's way." I answered. "Actually, I think I get the full picture now. I was just worried that we may have been taking our relationship a little too quickly and that you wanted to get out of it..." Ethan told me. "I never wanted to get out of it! I was just worried that you would realize we made a mistake and things would be awkward between us!" I responded. "Rafael mentioned that time where Alex had made those threats in the supply closet..." Ethan started. "I mentioned that to Colette!" I exclaimed. "Who's Colette?" Ethan asked. "Right, you're not caught up. That's the fortune teller." I answered. "Ethan, I don't want to be the reason you're in danger. I thought if I became a detective that I could prevent something like that from happening to someone else..." "If that's what you really want to do... then we can figure something out. If you even want to that is... I know how things have gotten out of hand." "You mean with all of the emotions running high. Yeah, that happens. Hey, we're not going to live a life completely free of fights. Although, breaking up every time we have one might not be a good idea!" "Yeah, we might have to work some kind of middle ground there..." "Get out our frustrations in bed?" Ethan chuckled, "If that's an offer, how am I going to refuse?" "Then don't." I smiled, giving him a frisky kiss up his neck. "Well, we can't just make up here..." Ethan told me. "Hmm, should I lead you to the fortune teller's shop and have my way with you?" Ethan shook his head with amusement, "I don't know... She might pick up on the fact that we violated the use of her shop." "Is that gonna stop you?" "No." Ethan smiled, as we rushed after each other.

I closed the door to the back room as we arrived. "I can't tell you how much I would've missed this..." I told him. "Do you sneak romantic moments in fortune teller's shops often?" Ethan asked, kissing me. "You know what I mean..." I answered. "Yeah, I do..." Ethan whispered to me. "I would've missed this as well." "Do you think we could last our entire lives with each other?" "I mean as long as you don't die first... And I want you to know that you aren't a burden on my mind... It's just..." "I've done some reflecting and I know. You have your reasons and I have my reasons. None of that matters. As long as we have each other, right?" "Well, if I'm going to suffer one way or the other. I would prefer it if the suffering is mutual." Ethan answered. "Believe me it is." I smiled at him. "How did I survive this long without you?" "You can't." Ethan smiled back, giving me another kiss. "I've decided I will stick around at Edenbrook... I'm not as terrified about working together again. If we can make it through all of this madness; We can make it through anything." "Now that feeling is most definitively mutual, but... Are you sure that's what you really want?" "What I really want is right in front of me... Nothing else really matters. I can go through a million career changes and it won't make me as happy as you being next to me." "So, you've figured yourself out already? What happened at that bayou exactly?" "I'll tell you later. Right now, I just want to enjoy this moment... Of having you all to myself." "Good, because we have to talk about that random guy's crush on you." "Don't ruin the moment." I playfully nudged him.