_CHAPTER{2}_

*
Maybe the more risk you take you more
Peace you get.

*

A WHOLE NEW LIFE

"Asalaam" Said Faaris, his low deep voice, drier than it has always been. He entered the dining room where his parents were having lunch.

"Wa'alaikumSalaam" Replied Nadeem Ahfaad, Faaris's father, his mother didn't notice him coming in as she was busy typing on her grey iPad.

"How are you kiddo?" Nadeem asked wiggling his brows trying to be funny, Faaris looked at him raising brow and clearing his throat before sitting down.

"Alhamdulilah" He replied taking a sandwich from the green ceramic tray that was in the middle of different dishes and fruits on the table.

"How was the meeting with the Italians?" He was about to reply when Nadiya Ahfaad noticed Faaris's presence in the dining room for the first time.

"Was it good? Have you made progress?" She asked, giving them half of her attention.

"Yes, and good" He replied taking another sandwich, taking quick bites to get over breakfast quickly.

"I am leaving for New Jersey today," Added Faaris cleaning his hand with a tissue. He dropped his hands pushing the chair backwards,

"For how many days? Or hours?" Asked Nadiya, still looking at the electronic device in her hand.

"For a year or three" She kept the iPad on the table and stared at him,

"What do you mean by that? Who will take care of the company" Her voice slightly raising she said,

"Have you not realized that you are the heir of Ahfaad Empires? You can't always be leaving" Said Nadeem, restraining his voice from reacting.

"I am going there to handle my company," Said Faaris, twisting his Rolex giving no energy into the conversation.

"It is a fashion company for goodness's sake Faaris,"

"Last time you said you wanted to study which is of no need because we all know you are smart enough to handle it" Yelled Nadiya, he didn't say anything and kept staring at his wrist-watch.

"You-" Nadiya started but he cut her off,

"Yumma remember what my doctor said last year?" She squeezed her face crossing her hands, "Yeah so?" She asks,

"I feel sick again and this is my form of resting" He stated. She turns to his father but he shrugged in reply.

A minute of silence and Faaris spoke, "Well thank you Yumma and Abba for your support! I really appreciate. I may be running late" He got up, adjusting the edges of his suit.

"And who is going to take care of things at the company?" Nadiya questioned, disappointment lacing her voice.

"Father and Uncle Akhtar are here so there will be no problem. It will be like I have never existed" He pushed the chair back waiting for them to say something but they were both in a silent debate with themselves.

"Well then... thank you" He slightly bowed then walked away leaving his father and mother starting the argument of the day.

He plugged his Air-Pods into his ear, dialing his Personal assistant's number,

"Naadir, we are leaving right after meeting with the Nigerians," Stated Faaris immediately as the call was answered. He walked to his matte black Bugatti Veron, a smirk making its way to his face as he got into the black beauty.