Knock knock

Silas' POV

"I should probably go."

She stopped speaking. The angels stopped singing. My heart stopped beating.

"Knock knock" I say. North looks at me like I'm crazy. Maybe I am. I must be, if being crazy means wanting to get to know this green-eyed girl who was possibly spying on us moments ago.

"Who's there?" the girl says, almost reflexively. Alright, I have her attention. The angels are beginning to sing again.

"Atch" I say with a smirk. Ah, she knows. It's right there, in the smile that breaks out on her face. But she goes along with it, because that's the kind of person she is. She is an Aggele. Yes, why didn't I think of this before? Stumbling across her in this church, the sunlight reflecting on her blonde hair, creating a halo around her. Aggele, it fits her.

"Atch who?" the Aggele asks. She's waiting for it. Well, I'll give it my own spin.

"Bless you, Aggele!" Yeah, North probably thinks I'm whacked after what I called her just now.

The girl laughs, shock in her eyes, from what I don't know, but the angels jump in joy around me at the melodic sound. "Shouldn't I be the one giving blessings if I am an angel?" she says amusedly. I'm shocked, and so is my brother, but this time he's the one to snap out of it first. "You know Greek?" North's tone is surprisingly soft for someone he just caught spying on us, but I'm still in too much shock to comprehend the reason why. I vaguely hear her say, "I do."

This is perfect. She knows Greek. She isn't just Aggele anymore. She is Aggele Mou.

"How long have you been here?" North asks, no, interrogates her. His question has me coming back to earth. No matter what she was doing or who she is, he can't talk to an Aggele that way, especially when she is so little I could fit her in my pocket. And if she isn't already scared by his dark scowly face, or my huge physique, questioning her like a police officer will surely do the trick.

Instead of backing away from his question though, she calmly replies, "Not long. Like I said before, not a lot of people come here during daytime. I saw the jeep outside and thought I should check if someone was causing trouble. Despite the church's condition, people around here often come and hangout after sundown."

It's sweet; that she cares about the place enough to check out if someone might be causing trouble, but one look at North's face and I know he's worried about her coming in unaware about whoever could've been in here. Before he can say anything, probably yell at her for this 'stupid as hell decision' that I'm sure he wants to, I butt in and save the day. "We were just checking how much work the place needed. North's uncle is turning it into a diner." At the word diner, she has a look on her face, as if she is remembering something, but it's gone too fast for me to know if that something was good or bad.

"It would be good to have a diner at a walking distance, but you should probably put up a notice if you're going to begin working on the church soon. It will create problems if people don't know. A lot of kids come here too, they could get injured." 

The way she phrases it makes it sound like a suggestion, but her tone clearly states that this is an order. The fact that someone as tiny as her is capable of authority surprises me. It shouldn't have though, at least not after seeing Kota order us around like he did, and still does. The guy is a total nerd, but once he goes into commanding mode, people 3 times more experienced than him would probably listen to him.

"Who are you guys?" she asks with a tilt to her head.

"I'm Silas, Aggele," I answer her, "and this" I point towards North, but before I can finish my sentence, she does it for me.

"-is North, I know." Wow, she is even completing my sentences now. This is meant to be.

"How do you know my name?" North looks suspicious, but I don't know what for. I mean, I just did tell her that it was his uncle who wanted to turn this place into a diner.

"Silas here just told me 'North's' uncle wanted to open a diner." Ha ha " And even if I wasn't sure before, which I totally was, you just confirmed it with your question." I am starting to get it now, but North isn't done yet. "He could have been talking about anyone. Si never specified it was me who's North." If I had a little book out there somewhere which stated how many times I have wanted to punch North in this lifetime, this would be going in. In capital letters.

Aggele just looks frustrated at North's statement, and I'm worried if she knows North is also going to work at the diner, she might just refuse to step in. "Listen, North-"

Whatever she is saying is cut off by the sound of a man singing a song. No, there is no concert going on nearby; I just don't know what that song is, that Aggele has as her ringtone. She sees the contact, and instantly she is smiling. Is that a guy? Does she have a boyfriend? "Lake, hi" are the only words that come out of her mouth before she is holding up her pointer finger and moving a little further away, successfully telling us that her call is going to take a moment.

Lake. Is that a woman or a man's name? Why do parents even give their children gender neutral names? Forget gender equality, the only thing it does is cause confusion.

Θεέ, η Αμερική μπερδεύει. (God, America is confusing.)

•••••

AN: So, how did you like Silas' POV? Comment and tell me, and be prepared for the next update. It won't be long before it's up!