2) I Promised To Take You Home

Rhaenys
I sat in Jon's chambers while he bustled about the room packing up his things. I'd arrived with two saddlebags; one holding my most valued possessions and the other dragon eggs.

Edd stood in front of the table Jon's body had laid on only a day ago. He was still shocked about his friend leaving and appointing him Lord Commander. "I was with you at Hardhome," Edd leant against the table, giving Jon a harsh look. "We saw what's out there, and we know it's coming here. How can you leave us now?"

"I did everything I could," Jon stared back at his friend, speaking firmly.

"You swore a vow!"

"Aye! I pledged my life to the Night's Watch, and I gave it!"

"For all nights to come!"

"They killed me, Edd!" Jon burst. "My own brothers! You want me to stay here after that?"

The two continued silently glaring at each other until a horn blew through the air. My head snapped in the direction of the window, seeing the men running along the third level, operating the gates.

"Open the gates!"

I was up and out of my seat, behind the two men as they made their way outside. I came up beside Jon, watching the three horses enter Castle Black, led by the blonde-haired Brienne, and Tyrion's squire, Podrick, and behind them a familiar redhead.

The shock of her appearance and the fact she was here, a few feet away from me, jolted through my entire body. I gripped Jon's arm and the railing to keep from falling over. Her wide blue Tully eyes stared up at us, a small smile pulling at her lips and I was moving. I raced down the stairs as the party dismounted. Sansa ran for me and jumped into my arms, my arms crushing her to me.

"Thank the gods, you're alright," I breathed and pulled back to get a good look at her. She was pale and half-frozen, but she was alive.

Her eyes flickered to someone behind me and I stepped out of their way, letting brother and sister reunite. I smiled as the two embraced, both relieved the other was alive and well, and my attention turned to my other friend. "Brienne," I smiled and hugged her, leaving her shocked as always until she hunched over and awkwardly patted my back.

"Lady Naveena, it's good to see you too."

I gripped her arms, being sure to look in her eyes. "You did it, Brienne, you brought her back to me. Jon!" I called; the man turning away from staring at his sister in disbelief. "This is Lady Brienne, and her squire, Podrick Payne. She served Lady Catelyn and I, and swore to bring the Stark girl's home to us."

"Well," Brienne stuttered, always being the humble and shy type, ducking her head. "We didn't know you were here, Lady Naveen."

"Nonetheless," Jon bowed his head to her in gratitude. "Thank you."

"Come," I wrapped Sansa's arm in mine, Jon on her other side. "Let's get you inside and warm."

...

We sat around the warm fireplace, Sansa holding a bowl of warm soup in her hands. Colour has returned to her face and she'd been given a white wolf-fur coat. Gently she brought the bowl to her lips, taking another sip. "It's good soup."

We smiled, watching her. It almost felt surreal, a fantasy world where you wake up, and it was all just a dream. I sat next to her, Jon on my other side and analysed the girl. Now her skin wasn't pale white, and I noticed the faded bruises and blemishes christening her skin. But I wouldn't say a word, not until she was ready and knew Jon would entrust me to look after his sister. "Do you remember the kidney pies old nan used to make?"