Three - The Sacrifice

-

-

The Crown Prince's room echoed with Hoseok's infectious laughter as the latter crouched on the ground to press onto his aching abdomen from laughing too much. Contrasting his personal butler, Seokjin simply glared at him with an angry pout.

"Stop laughing at my misery!" Seokjin whined, but that only made Hoseok laugh even harder, with tears escaping this time.

"Good gracious, I'm sorry, Your Highness! But-" Hoseok paused to take in a deep breath of air to calm himself down, "it isn't an everyday thing to see the nation's Crown Prince get rejected."

Seokjin stood up from his bed, and gently kicked Hoseok who was chortling again. "I'm already embarrassed enough, so stop it!"

"Okay okay, I'll stop." Hoseok slapped his cheeks lightly, and wiped away his tears. "But seriously though, did you think that you're some princess who has fallen in love at first sight and would die to marry the prince?"

"It's not my fault for having these butterflies in my stomach whenever I think of her. Call me crazy, but I really think she's the one for me." Seokjin sighed dreamily, not noticing Hoseok's disgusted and judgemental face.

"You're hopeless, hyung." Hoseok shook his head, and knit his eyebrows together suspiciously at the older boy grinning suddenly. "Oh no, I do not like that look of yours. What are you thinking right now?!"

"I'm going to make her marry me no matter what." Seokjin nodded to himself, his legs shuffling quickly towards the door, startling his butler.

"Wait! What are you planning to do!" Hoseok chased after him, and signalled for the guards who were standing outside to leave them alone.

"I'm going to make an agreement with my parents." Seokjin's lip formed into a thin line at the thought, but still, he was more determined to get the girl.

"Why though? What's so special about Han Seri? She's pretty, but that's it." Hoseok's commented, but raised his arms up in surrender when Seokjin shot him a death glare. "Just stating facts!"

"I do not need your facts and sass right now, Hobi." Seokjin deadpanned as he strode into the main hall, rendering the workers feeling stunned at his sudden presence in confusion and surprise as they hastily stopped whatever they were doing to lower their heads down at him.

They continued to trudge through the spacious hall, then turned into another corridor which would eventually lead to the palace garden outside. Seokjin's parents should be having their afternoon tea session together at the pavilion out there right now.

"I'm just trying to help you see things clearly, Your Highness. You should think further ahead as the future King, not blinded by pure infatuation!" Hoseok remarked, an annoyed grunt emerging from his throat when Seokjin blatantly ignored him. "Your Highness!"