Twenty-One - The Time We Spent Together

-

-

Like how Alice fell into the rabbit hole, Seri felt herself falling endlessly inside a dark space, gravitating downwards without a ground to land on. There was nothing around her, not even a single spark of light which would have given her the slightest bit of hope.

But, nothing. It was still just pure black darkness surrounding her as she continued to fall.

Was she in the space?

Why couldn't her desperate calls for help reach someone?

Seri could still remember the last person she had seen before appearing in this void, his concerned face imprinted inside her mind clearly and vividly. She wondered who the handsome man was and why did he look so surprised to see her before she blacked out?

Ouch.

There it was again. The unknown pain in her chest whenever the man popped into her mind.

Just who was he? Was he someone important in her life?

Ha!

Han Seri, don't flatter yourself too much. Why would a man with such blessed face be someone important to you?

If the memory of him was just a dream, oh how she wished that she would never have to wake up then. The only other good-looking guy she knew was her bestfriend, Jimin, but seeing him for almost everyday had made her desensitized to his ethereal and youthful beauty.

But the man... if Seri had to describe him with a word, she would definitely call him an angel. Hopefully not a fallen angel, but yeah, an angel he would be.

Besides the handsome man, she felt a sense of emptiness as well, the feeling gnawing her up from the inside for not knowing what was the longing feeling for. It was something which was related dearly to her, and she knew that it was something she loved a lot.

Oh! Could it be her favourite boyband?

Nah, they had a comeback recently so she was fed tremendously with the contents.

So what was it exactly?

Seri allowed her eyelids to flutter shut, and relaxed her mind as she fell deeper into the blackhole. And then, she heard an unusual sound.

A baby's laugh.

A baby?

Before she could even start to doubt her own ears, she heard another voice. A light, but manlier voice speak.