Eight - The Horse Riding

-

-

"Look who do we have here?"

Seri whirled around at the boyish voice, and took a step back instinctively when a boy looked around her age dressed in a horse riding outfit beam brightly at her. Her eyes frantically searched for either Seokjin or Hoseok's silhouette but both were nowhere to be seen.

She came to the stables earlier after getting help to dress properly by some of the palace workers, wanting to spend some time to look at the majestic horses. But now she was regretting her decision.

"Who are you?" Seri narrowed her eyes at him, her arms raised up in the air ready to fight if needed. "I'm qualified with a black belt in taekwondo so I suggest you not to approach me any further."

Surprisingly, the boy laughed. "You're cute, pretty noona."

"Noona? Are we close enough for you to address me with that?" Seri placed her hands on her hips.

"I'm sad that you don't remember me, Seri noona." He grinned again. "I'm Jungkook, Sejun's friend!"

Seri's brain glitched for a moment before registering who he was. With an inaudible gasp, she broke into a laughing fit when Jungkook stretched his arms wide open and wriggled his wrists.

"Long time no see noona!" Jungkook giggled while engulfing Seri in a brief hug.

"How have you been? Sejun was so devastated when you left school." Seri ruffled his dyed brown hair.

"I've been well, I guess. The last person I've expected to see here is you, noona. Why are you here?" Jungkook tilted his head cutely.

Before Seri could even reply him, a voice interrupted them.

"She's here with me, Jungkook." Seokjin grabbed Seri's hand possessively.

"You two know each other?" Jungkook widened his eyes.

"I-"

Seokjin cut her off once again, ignoring the scowl on her face. "Seri here is going to be your future Queen and cousin-in-law, Jungkook."

"My what?!" Jungkook shrieked, his jaw dropping at the shocking information. "Why am I not informed about this?"

"Jungkookie's your cousin?" Seri questioned.

"What's going on?" Hoseok appeared suddenly, his sword attached on his side.

Raising her eyebrows, Seri shifted closer towards Seokjin unknowingly as she still found the weapon intimidating. She wondered why he needed a sword even during the modern era.