Nine - The Royal Duty

-

-

"Miss, what would you like to wear for today's activity?"

Tearing her eyes away from her laptop, she unplugged the earphones and stood up from her chair to shuffle towards the walk-in wardrobe, where the maids were waiting for her. She heaved a sigh when she shrugged.

"What should I wear to look decent and nice while still being able to move around comfortably?" Seri asked the maids, and they giggled at her cuteness when she pouted. "Are you two making fun of me?"

"No miss, you are just extremely endearing." One of them spoke while gently pushing her towards where the blouses were hung neatly at.

"You bring smiles to our faces too." The other added, her body crouching down to choose a pair of heels which matched the shirt.

"It is no wonder why Crown Prince Seokjin, Sir Jungkook and Hoseok-ssi are so fond of you." The first one commented as she picked a baby blue blouse from the rack.

Passing her a pair of fitted denim jeans and the shoes, the second maid grinned at her. "Those three men are known to only keep their true selves when they are in private, but you miss, are putting them more at ease with growing smiles even in the public when they are with you."

"I am actually speechless and I do not know how to reply you two." Seri shook her head with an amused smile. "Thank you for choosing the outfit for me though."

"It is our pleasure!" They chimed in unison.

After living with Seokjin for more than a month, Seri was used to how clingy the nation's Crown Prince always acted around her, so she simply kept quiet even when he had rested his head on her shoulders to take a nap inside the car. Even while sleeping, he was still reluctant to let go of her hand, his long fingers wrapping around hers protectively.

But seeing how Seokjin's face was slowly losing its glow by getting replaced with growing dark eye circles and eyebags, Seri couldn't help but to worry about him.

"Why is he so tired today?" Seri asked Hoseok who was also in the same car as them, her eyes not leaving Seokjin's exhausted face.

Hoseok sighed. "He's been working harder than before so that he'd be fully prepared when he takes over the throne soon."

"He's taking over the throne soon?!" Seri gasped, bewildered to hear this news. "But why? Isn't he still too young to reign?"

"Well, about this... I think it's best for you to ask him yourself. It's not my place to answer that question for you." Hoseok gave her an apologetic smile.

As the car skidded to a slow stop, Hoseok stood up abruptly to head towards the door to do his job. Seri glanced out of the window, her heart thundering due to the nervousness accumulating inside her, and looked down at Seokjin's sleeping form.