Sixteen - The Coronation

-

-

It was supposed to be a joyous day today, since it was the day when Seokjin would finally be crowned as the new King. It was supposed to be the day when he should be beaming radiantly at his subjects to show them that he was glad and proud to be their King.

So why wasn't he smiling nor anticipating for the day?

If Seokjin could use only one word to describe what he felt at the moment, it would be dead. He felt like a pampered doll getting dressed up with clothes made with the finest silk as numerous makeup stylists dabbed powder onto his already porcelain-like face.

But that was what he only thought himself as right now.

A lifeless doll.

His eyes landed on the large mirror before him as he saw a familiar girl plop onto the seat behind his, her own reflection shown perfectly for the briefest moment before it was blocked out by makeup and hair stylists crowding around her to work. Sighing, he shifted his gaze back at his own reflection, and cringed mentally at how sickly he looked.

"Don't worry, Your Highness. I know that you can't wait to see your fianceé but just wait for a tiny weeny bit longer, alright?" His hair stylist giggled while styling his slightly long hair nicely with precision.

Seokjin could only give her a polite smile, not having the energy to talk. Fortunately for him, the stylists who were still working on him didn't bother him anymore as they worked professionally.

His mind then drifted back to the girl seated behind him, realizing that it had been exactly five days since the fight between Seri and him occured. Throughout these five days, Seri had somehow managed to avoid seeing him inside the palace at all cost, and refused to meet him no matter how long he had begged for her to do so.

If Seokjin could turn back time, he would definitely stop himself from behaving so childishly just because of a toxic feeling - jealousy. He could still recall the sound of his heart breaking into pieces when he saw her cry because of him; how instant regret and guilt had washed upon him when she had stopped himself from apologizing by using his own words to bite right back at him.

Yeah, Seokjin admitted that he was truly the world's dumbest idiot.

And to make matter worse, he had found out that his own cousin - Yoongi, had been getting closer to Seri after the younger boy had proposed the idea to explain the situation to her. Yoongi had said his sorry to the Crown Prince for being the sole trigger to this whole mess, and swore to rectify this back to how it should be.

"I know that we are not on good terms, but you should at least pretend to smile in front of your people."

Seokjin's train of thoughts were disrupted by the voice he had been dreading to hear for so long. He blinked his eyes, unable to believe that Seri was right next to him, dressed so prettily in a modest pastel pink one-piece dress, her hair curled beautifully as it cascaded down her back.