Nineteen - The Unsuspected Scheme

-

-

"Your Majesty."

Hearing his title being called, Seokjin spun around with his hand carrying a plate of brownies, a smile growing on his face when he saw Jungkook grinning cutely at him. The boy's wavy hair was much longer now, and he also had a few ear piercings glimmering under the lights.

"Jungkook!" Seokjin wrapped an arm around the younger boy, careful not to spill the desserts. "I'm glad you decided to attend this ball."

"Her Highness personally wrote me an invitation letter, how can I reject that?" Jungkook's eyes then fell onto the plate of brownies. "I'm guessing that this is for your wife."

Seokjin nodded, a tired sigh escaping his mouth while gesturing for them to walk. "Only she is able to make the King do such trivial things like getting brownies for her. Her personal maids offered to get these for her, but no, she insisted me to do it instead."

"That sounds exactly like the Seri noona I know." Jungkook laughed softly.

"Now that she's almost due, I can't even say no to the things she wants or she will throw a fit. So, thank God you're here, Jungkook. She misses you a lot." Seokjin patted the boy's back in gratitude.

The two tall men made their ways through the dancing bodies, approaching a table decorated with the Queen's favourite flowers in the middle as the centerpiece. Seated at the table was a dark-haired woman who had her long hair styled into a beautiful updo, the wine red gown she was wearing standing out among the crowd who had mostly opted cooler and neutral tones.

Seri's belly was so swollen that she could barely see her feet anymore, so throughout the ball which was held for her sake, she was instructed to not leave her chair no matter what. She was reluctant initially, but succumbed to the order given to her as she knew that this was for her baby as well.

She was chatting with Jimin who was seated next to her when two silhouettes appeared at the corner of her eyes, causing her to divert her gaze towards them. If it weren't for Jimin and her servants to hold her in her place, she would have stood up abruptly to rush towards where Jungkook was to give him a hug.

"Be careful." Jimin scolded as Seokjin made it to Seri's side.

"Here are your brownies." The King placed the filled plate on the table, and motioned for Jungkook to come to them.

"Jungkook!" Seri beamed radiantly as her friend leaned down to give her a brief hug.

"Nice to meet you after a long time, Your Highness." Jungkook winked, his smile only growing wider at the sight of her pregnant belly. "Hello to you too, little one."