Four - The Media

-

-

Seri had never felt this self-conscious in her twenty-four years of life. For her entire life, she had always been a straightforward and honest person; always bold and confident with the decisions she made and would admit defeat if she was found to be wrong.

And she also had a potty mouth, like what Jimin had described her as.

Normally, she would have shown her discomfort on her face if people were to stare at her for whatever reason, but today, it was different.

All she wanted to do was to dig a hole and bury herself deep down below.

Hiding underneath Jimin's oversized bright yellow hoodie, hand in hand, together they sprinted out of the shopping mall they were in. The pair of best friends had only wanted to spend their weekend hanging out by watching a movie together, but little did they know that they would soon be stalked and surrounded by paparazzis and reporters trailing after them.

"Han Seri-ssi! Is it true that you've met the nation's Crown Prince?"

"Look here please!"

"How did you get to know the Crown Prince?"

"Who is the boy holding your hand? Are you perhaps two-timing with both the Crown Prince and this boy?"

It was pure chaos in the mall, and albeit having the mall's own security guards doing their very best to protect the two from getting mobbed by the screaming reporters and flashing lights blinding their eyes, they were still stuck with them chasing nonstop even when they had reached the outside.

"Shit. There are more reporters out here!" Jimin muttered lowly, and instantly wrapped Seri in his arms, a hand pushing the back of her head to hide her face further.

"Why is this happening to me?! I didn't ask for this to happen." Seri was on the verge of tears as she mumbled loud enough just for Jimin to hear.

"They must have caught on the ruckus the Crown Prince made at the university." Jimin sighed, and offered her a smile. "It's okay, I'm here to protect you."

"Thank you Jimin." Seri clung onto Jimin more firmly when she heard the noises of cameras flashing and people screaming bloody murder overwhelm her again.

"Move out of the way!" A booming voice suddenly cut through the air, silencing the whole melee of crowd swarming at the entrance of the mall.

Gasps were heard simultaneously as Jimin lifted his head up towards the source of the voice, his eyes widening before grimacing even deeper. He had never despised someone so badly before, and that was until he met the Crown Prince through his best friend.

"F*cking finally." Jimin whispered, making Seri to detach herself slightly to follow his gaze.

"Whoever dares to touch the both of them will be handled with severe punishment by the Royal Members of the Court." The familiar face of the Head of the Guard announced with a loud and clear voice, and everyone scooted backwards in fear.