Seven - The Library

-

-

It had been weeks since Seri moved into the palace. Her anxiety had been welling up as until now she still had not met the King and the Queen, since according to Seokjin, they knew about her staying here and were the ones who had granted Seokjin the permission to allow her to be here.

She was on the way towards the palace library Seokjin had shown her on the first night during their little midnight adventure around the palace grounds, her mood elated at the thoughts of being able to find the books she needed for her assignments from the university. Ever since her face was exposed to the public, her popularity had spiked up so much that people in the university began to befriend her much to her disliking, and she remembered being speechless when even some of her lecturers tried to get closer to her to get the royal family know about them.

Sliding the doors apart, Seri hummed a soft song to herself as she stepped into the library, a small smile tugging upwards as she inhaled the welcoming scent of books and paperbacks. Jimin used to deem her as a book nerd when they were much younger, but he stopped until they got to know Taehyung who was much more of a nerd than she would ever be.

Seri jumped when she saw a familiar face belonged to the one and only King in the country reading in one of the aisles, his sharp gaze snapping upwards towards her upon hearing her shoes squeak against the ground. Panicking, she bowed a deep ninety degree, not knowing what to do in the presence of the country's ruler.

"Raise your head, young one." He spoke with a low voice, and Seri obeyed like a robot instantly. "You must be the girl my son is so fond of."

Seri didn't know how to reply him, but she didn't want to make him upset for not answering him. But before she could even respond, the King spoke again, his eyes darting back to the book he was reading.

"How is your stay in the palace?" He questioned.

"It is perfect, Your Majesty." Seri could practically feel her heart threatening to escape from her inside.

"Perfect?" The King repeated her answer, a smirk etching on his face. "I would never describe this place as perfect, young one. You can relax, I am not going to do anything to the girl my son loves."

Flushing red at his words, Seri nodded obediently, her shoulders slumping slightly but still tensed from the tension in the air. Just then, as if God had heard her call of help, a voice she was slowly getting more familiar with appeared from the entrance of the library.

"Seri!" Seokjin hollered her name with a cheerful tone, excited to meet her after dealing with tons of boring formal paperwork for the whole day. "Where are you?"