Five - The Term

-

-

"I can't believe you! You actually sold me to the Crown Prince!"

Seri's mothers fluttered her eyelids close as she listened to her screaming daughter while being seated at the kitchen table. Jimin was at their house too, but he simply chose to stand aside knowing that Seri might use him as a punching bag.

"Han Seri, control your voice and don't insult the Crown Prince like that." Her mother warned lowly while opening her eyes again, her stern gaze instantly shutting Seri up. "And mind you, I did not sell you! Why would I sell my own daughter?!"

"Sejun got a set of brand new gaming kit! And I have to live in the palace?!" Seri remarked.

"And? How is that related to selling you? It's just a gift the Crown Prince himself has decided to give him. And you living with the Crown Prince is just for your own safety, Seri. He was just kind enough to offer you a place to stay temporarily until the medias die down."

"Aunty, I'm afraid that there's a tiny weeny detail the almighty Crown Prince didn't inform you." Jimin finally spoke, and stood beside his best friend.

Seri's mother narrowed her eyes. "What is it? I love you like my own son, Jimin, so don't you dare say something stupid to me as well."

"The Crown Prince has a huge crush on Seri, aunty. He's so completely head over heels for her that he even proposed to her yesterday! And this is what started the whole media fiasco in the first place!" Jimin blurted out, his eyes trained onto Seri's before giving her an assuring smile.

"He... proposed?" Seri's mother was in shock.

"And I rejected him." Seri gulped.

"You- him- what- how did this even happen?!"

"It's a long story to tell, eomma. But since you've oh-so-wonderfully agreed to the Crown Prince to let me stay with him, he's still waiting for me outside in the car." Seri approached her mother and engulfed her in a tight hug.

"Seri, I didn't know." Her mother began to tear up, suddenly realizing that her daughter wouldn't be staying with her for the meantime again. "Oh God, what have I done?"

"It's okay, eomma. He's not that bad actually, from what I've seen so far." She gave her mother a weak smile before pecking her cheek. "I love you and Sejun so much that I can't risk having our home exposed to the media too. I'll try to visit, okay? We can do facetime too."

Jimin was having an inner battle in his mind as he walked Seri towards the car parked in a secluded alleyway to avoid public eyes. He literally lived next to her house, so he still couldn't fathom that she wouldn't be by his side all the time anymore.