Fourteen - The Consequence

-

-

Seokjin had been reluctant to leave Seri's side ever since she came back to the palace, refusing to leave her alone no matter what. He didn't care if he was neglecting his pending work waiting for him to complete them back on the desk in his room, all he wanted to do was to stay by his woman's side.

"I'm never leaving you alone anymore." Seokjin mumbled while pulling Seri who was by his side closer to him. "All I did is letting you out for a few hours only to have a breakdown while trying not to burn the whole palace up."

Seri giggled as she propped herself up on the bed to glance down at his slightly puffy eyes. "Did you cry a lot?"

"Of course I did!" He pouted. "I was picturing all sorts of scenarios in my head, and they all had bad outcomes. Who knew that you'd be your own heroine?"

"Aren't you proud of me though? After helping Jimin escape, I sucker punched and kicked asses to run away! I even made a guy give me his gun." Seri blurted out while plopping down next to him again.

Bringing her bruised knuckles up, Seokjin scowled as he brushed his thumbs gently over them. "Look at your pretty hands tainted with these ugly bruises! I'll make my aunt pay for this."

"Does Jungkook know about this?" Seri asked with a frown.

"He's out of the country for now, maybe that's why his mother chose this time to kidnap you." Seokjin sighed. "We'll deal with her tomorrow in the Court, but will you be fine being in the same room as her?"

Seri nodded before giving him a smile. "Don't worry about me. Worry about your coronation which is happening next week instead."

After this incident, the King and Queen had decided to settle this throne issue as soon as possible. When the other members of the royal family learned about the truth behind the kidnapping, and how Seri had somehow escaped without getting hurt much, they eventually agreed to hold the coronation soon.

Contrary to what they had first assumed of her, they learned the hard way that Han Seri wasn't someone who could be dealt with easily. She might be ordinary, but she was a strong and bold girl, and she even had the best sidekicks to help her when she was in trouble.

"Seri-ah," Seokjin hollered her name with a gentle tone as they turned their heads to face each other, "after I become the King, will you please make me the happiest man on Earth by being my Queen?"

It would be a lie if Seri's heart didn't skip a beat at his question. With her huge eyes, she watched Seokjin shift closer, making their noses touch.