•|CHAPTER 1💜🏝️|•

(unedited)
Maitama
Abuja, Nigeria🇳🇬
September 2019

It was early in the morning and still dark when I woke up to someone jumping on my bed. I groaned and mumbled to myself, half asleep.

"Ukti!"the tiny voice called.
I jolted fully awake at the sound of the familiar voice. It's Iman, my little sister....

"Iman please go back to bed, I just had a very long trip and I need to rest please... How did you even get in?"

"The door wasn't locked ukti". she replied and grinned revealing her gapped teeth. I wonder how she's the only one with the gapped teeth in the family. 7 years old but very smart. She's round faced, with dimples that attracts whoever is talking to her. Her skin looks great. It's looks like it's the combination of both That of Abhi and Ummi.she looks chubby in her Disney princesses nightie, and a pink eye patch to match. She looks so adorable.

"Ohk... Out!... Go and meet your mother and let me have a peaceful sleep Ok".

"But... Ukti". "No buts Iman out!". I cut her short and pointed out to the door.

"Arggghhh"
She reluctantly stood up muttering something to herself as she walked towards the door. Just when I was about to go back to sleep. my alarm clock buzzed and I almost murdered it. its already time for subhi prayer.

"I have to get up now.. it's a tradition of the house that we must wake up for subhi prayer at the right time. I stood up and sat on my bed...
My room is the second biggest in the house after Abhi's room. It walls and ceiling all white.It has one white door and two windows which I always leave open to welcome sunshine. In the middle of the room is my lilac canopy bed, occupied with stuffed animals, decorative pillows and throw pillows. Sheets,duvet, curtains,plush carpet and pillow cases are all dark purple. Beside the bed is my nightstand with my alarm clock and picture frame on it. The left side of the bed is my dark purple bean bag. In the middle of the room is my sofa,to the right is a white vanity table,to the left is a walk in closet where I keep my belongings. And lastly,my 42 inches LG TV.

How Time flies... i thought as I stared at the ceiling. It's Just like yesterday. Everything happened so fast.
My name is Zahra Muhd. I'm the first child of the prestigious Alhaji Gwarzo Muhammad's family.
I am a typical definition of a half caste(mixed race) because my mum(Zainab) is emirati, while Abhi is a Nigerian from Kano state. I wonder how they met.
My hair is dark and curly which no doubt, I inherited it from Ummi. My eyes are almond shaped with thick eyelashes and full eyebrows. I am average height and have a slim body frame. Of course,I'm fair skinned. I so hate it when my classmates in secondary school refer to me as "yellow pawpaw" .

My family is what you can call a nuclear family... Consisting of Ummi, Ahbi, myself, beebee, and iman the last child of the family. Ummi didn't know she was going to have her. That's why beebee is 11 years older than her.

I just returned from Saudi Arabia last night.its obvious how I missed everyone and everything over there. I traveled to Saudi few years back to study English Language at Effat university Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Masha Allah I've obtained my degree at 21 years of age, the only thing on my mind right now is marriage! All I could think of is getting married to the love of my life Nazir and live a perfect life in Paris.

"Zahra!, It's time for subhi wake up" Ummi's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh yeah!"I said quickly and walked to the bathroom.

My bathroom is just the way I left it, the bathroom is clean. The tub and towels are dry. The medicine cabinet above the sink had a mirrored door and behind it are over-the-counter analgesics, toothpastes,tampons,dental floss,bath gel, spare soaps and shampoos. Everywhere smells like perfume and shampoos.