•|CHAPTER 8💜🏝️|•

Agric Quaters
The next Saturday
January 2021

"Sorry I'm late ummi, I found it difficult to locate this place". I said looking around at anything but her.

" Hey it's okay, I'm just glad you are here". Ummi said and wrapped me in a hug. She's dressed in a beautiful black maxi dress and a khimar hijab that looks pretty on her.

"Wow, you look beautiful in that". I complimented and smiled.

"Of course, I look beautiful in anything". She said and we both roared in laughter. "You look fabulous in your abaya my dear".

"Thank you Ummi". I replied with a smile.

"How have you been Zahra?".

"I've been fine alhamdulillah". I lied. Have I ever been fine?. I asked myself.

"Masha Allah, your husband?".

"He's fine too Alhamdulillah". I replied and Changed the topic. "I can't see fareeda anywhere".

" There she is"

I looked towards where she was pointing at, little fareeda was running with no form of control towards me. She jumped on my body. The cake and present I was holding almost fell.

"Un-teey!". She said and held my legs tightly.

"Happy birthday my little princess". I said and pulled her into a bear hug.

Fareeda is dressed in a bubble gum pink ball gown. Her hair parted in high ponytail decorated with pink hair clips. She's wearing a tiara which makes her look like a real princess. Her pink kitten heels look pretty good on her. I must say her mum really knows how to dress up a kid.

"Un-teey, what have you got me?". She had her eyes on what I was holding.

I opened the wrap for her

"Barbie!" She said in surprise and we laughed. " Thank you for the cake un-teey, I really really love it". She said and hugged me again.

" Anything for you my little princess". Heaven knows how I love kids. Whenever I'm out, I admire every kid I see.

"Come with me I'll show you around un--teey". She said and tugged at my arm without waiting for my response as she dragged me through the people in the large sitting room.

The sitting room was well decorated. There were balloons of different colors and shapes on the sides of the wall with ribbons attached to their ends. There's a banner that had her pictures and "Happy Birthday Fareeda" inscribed on it, it was placed beautifully on the side of the sitting room next to the dining table. Her mum must have spent a lot for these.

I needed a break from my life. Ever since I met fareeda's mum, my life has been a lot easier. She played the role of a mother as much as she could.
It's a so nice to forget all that I go through in my own matrimonial home.
Sometimes I feel like telling Ummi all I'm going through but whenever I want to, something inside of me tells me not to.But I guess if she talks about my husband again, I'll have to tell her everything.

"Hey, you must be the Aunty Zahra mum talks about all the time". A tall girl interrupted my thought. Shes wow and no doubt, she must be Farha. The first daughter. She's looks just like her mum.

"Yeah I'm Zahra, you must be Farha". I stared at the gown she's wearing. A strapless dress. Ummi will never let Hanan wear a strapless short dress. Though it looks good on her. "Your dress looks pretty". I complimented finally.

"Thank you very much Aunty Zahra". She replied with a dazzling smile.

"Your mum is very nice I must say"